slackware dying on me

Post by Doug » Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have been running a slackware box as an ip-masq gateway for my LAN for
probably over a year now without a single hiccup.  Fow the past week or
so now, after every hour or two i get init: out of memory errors in
dmesg leading to nfsd: out of memory, and more.  Thats only if Im around
soon enough to catch that, seems like soon after that it locks up the
terminal, and services stop responding.  I usually have to power down
the box to get it back.  I upgraded from 2.2.13 to 2.2.16 and the
problem still exists.  Any suggestions?

1. PC-NFS, printing, bannerpage. die.die.die

Hi, can someone tell me how I get rid of the accursed banner
page under 2.3 & PC-NFS.  Why is this bannerpage a default
in the first place?

Thanks in advance, -P.

--

Zoologiska Institutionen   | obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither
Stockholms Universitet     | liberty or safety. - Benjamin Franklin

2. Where can I find libqt-mt?

3. Zombie die die die

4. Newly compiled 2.4.5 kernel refuses to boot...

5. /ethan die,die,die

6. Newbie: X crashed, Knode won't restart

7. Child Died on setup with Slackware

8. How to have finger runs series of commands in .project?

9. Boot disk dies after Slackware 3.0 setup

10. rxvt dies in slackware 2.0.2

11. (help!) Slackware 2.0.30 dies during install

12. Kicker Dies Unexpectedly - Slackware/KDE 3.0.2

13. lpd dies in slackware 1.1.2