chat sends\receives data from terminal

Post by Howard Brayma » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I am running Slakware 3.1, kernel 2.0.25.  PPP/dip/seyon all work
correctly, etc.  My only problem is that "chat" wants to send and
receive all its information from the xterm window (or virtual terminal)
in which I start it.  i.e. chat -v '' ATZ OK will send ATZ to the
screen,
but not to the modem.
chat '' ATZ > dev/modem will send the commands to the modem, but I
cannot
run the chat scripts in that manner.
Any assistance will be appreciated.   Note: I have used the chat binary
from
slakware, redhat 4.0, and even one compiled on my system with the same
results.

Thanks again

1. Receiving TCP ignores sending data when receiving buffer is full???

I have an application where a server sends data on either a signal
interrupt (A) or an alarm (B) on the same non-blocking stream socket.
So A & B continously send data over the socket.  Occasionally a
problem occurs when the sequence is like this: A sends, B sends but
the receiving socket only got data from A and not B. In Richard
Stevens's Unix Network Programming Vol1 he indicated the following:

      "With TCP the available room in the socket receive buffer is the
window that TCP advertises to the other end.  The socket receive
buffer can not overflow because the peer isn't allowed to send data
beyond the advertised window.  This is TCP flow control and if the
peer ignores the advertised window and sends data beyond the window,
the receiving TCP discards it".

   Is this what happened in my case?  If so is there a way for the
sending process to check the advertised window before sending to make
sure the sending data won't be discarded?  If not is there a solution
to make sure the receiving TCP won't discard the data?  Since data
from B is more important than data from A is there a way to flush the
receiving buffer before sending data from B to make sure the receiving
buffer will get the data from B?

 Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

2. help problem with w

3. Sending XML data to Apache web server and capturing this sent data from the Apache server

4. Unable to load Ultra Sparc 5

5. I can not send data to the network, but receiving works !!

6. XFree86 + Cirrus 5428 - Problems

7. How do I send/receive data through the parallel port?

8. OLICOM ISA/IV 2173 driver needed

9. Q: How to send/receive raw binary data over serail port?

10. How can I send and receive data on the serial port 1 on RedHat 5.2

11. send & receive data through socket

12. 3c509 RH7.3 Sends but Does Not Receive Data

13. why i need to mouse-click to send and receive data???