Display trouble

Post by Henriette Hol » Tue, 05 Sep 2000 04:34:27

Hello.
I have just installed Redhat 6.2 on my Compaq LTE 5200, and Im having a bit
of trouble with the display. I dont know which monitor there is on the
computer so I pick the generic one, and then I can only have 8 bit 480*620.
The result is that the picture on the screen doesnt take up the full size
of the monitor. What do I do? Does anybody know which monitor to pick in the
setup?

Henriette

1. display troubles

I am trying to open a root X app while logged on as another user.  I am
running RedHat 5.2 with Xfree86 3.3 and I have su -l to root and ran the
following:

control-panel -display picasso:0.0

and I get the follwoing error

** WARNING ** cannot open display:

Do I need to set something in some config file?  How can I remedy this?
Any asistance would be greatly appreciated, I am new to X.  Thanks,
Darich

2. raw parallel port control

3. More@!!.. Panasonic/SB-CD troubles, trouble, trouble...

4. Orbit ADB Trackball and LinuxPPC

5. Trouble, trouble, trouble - SCSI ?

6. Adaptec AHA-2940 for redhat 5.0

7. Found troubles displaying messages

8. Static linking of code by different compilers

9. $DISPLAY causes trouble

10. Trouble with gdm gnome display mgr.

11. Trouble with DISPLAY

12. Term and sxpc troubles; can't configure to display at home.

13. display card trouble