MPlayer full screen mode.

Post by lang » Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:22:29

I am trying to find some decent DivX player on Linux. I got MPlayer working
but don't really care for its fullscreen mode. It is just a maximized
window. I might be doing something wrong. Is there a way I can run it in
*real* full screen mode?

MPlayer full screen mode.

Post by Kilian A. Fot » Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:17:28

> I am trying to find some decent DivX player on Linux. I got MPlayer working
> but don't really care for its fullscreen mode. It is just a maximized
> window. I might be doing something wrong. Is there a way I can run it in
> *real* full screen mode?

Yes, get the current mplayer (0.60).

--
``Pleasure is irrelevant.''
                                                Seven of Nine

MPlayer full screen mode.

Post by lang » Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:29:09

> > I am trying to find some decent DivX player on Linux. I got MPlayer
working
> > but don't really care for its fullscreen mode. It is just a maximized
> > window. I might be doing something wrong. Is there a way I can run it in
> > *real* full screen mode?

> Yes, get the current mplayer (0.60).

> --
> ``Pleasure is irrelevant.''
>                                                 Seven of Nine

But I am using the current mplayer. I gave it s '-fs' option and all it does
was
maximize the window. If I used '-vo x11', it is worth coz the vide is not
scaled.

MPlayer full screen mode.

Post by Kilian A. Fot » Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:33:22

>> > I am trying to find some decent DivX player on Linux. I got MPlayer
> working
>> > but don't really care for its fullscreen mode. It is just a maximized
>> > window. I might be doing something wrong. Is there a way I can run it in
>> > *real* full screen mode?

>> Yes, get the current mplayer (0.60).

>> --
>> ``Pleasure is irrelevant.''
>>                                                 Seven of Nine
> But I am using the current mplayer. I gave it s '-fs' option and all it does
> was
> maximize the window. If I used '-vo x11', it is worth coz the vide is not
> scaled.

Oh. Well I use -vo SDL, and [right-click] [fullscreen] instead of -fs.
Any better?

--
I am not speaking for Cisco Systems, Inc.  In fact, I don't even work
for them.

MPlayer full screen mode.

Post by lang » Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:42:19

> > working

> >> Yes, get the current mplayer (0.60).

> >> --
> >> ``Pleasure is irrelevant.''
> >>                                                 Seven of Nine

> > But I am using the current mplayer. I gave it s '-fs' option and all it
does
> > was
> > maximize the window. If I used '-vo x11', it is worth coz the vide is
not
> > scaled.

> Oh. Well I use -vo SDL, and [right-click] [fullscreen] instead of -fs.
> Any better?

> --
> I am not speaking for Cisco Systems, Inc.  In fact, I don't even work
> for them.

hmmmm. I didn't get SDL support compiled. As in my other post, I can't
compile
anything with SDL.

-----------------quote
I am having (kinda) problem compiling SDL. I can 'configure; make; make
install' alright. But when I tried to compile the test program in test
subdir, configure failed because it can't find SDL!! What is going on?

ps. My distro is Slackware 8.0 and SDL version is 0.6.0.

Thnx.

MPlayer full screen mode.

Post by Frit » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:34:24

You could try turning on Xv support in your XFConfig (if you card supports
it).
That should also give you 'proper' full screen support.

You can also try xine (http://xine.sourceforge.net ). It's default gui
easily lets you change into full screen.