DBD:Informix install problem

Post by Rick Li » Sun, 26 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone help???

I am trying to install the DBD::informix perl interface.
I have done perl Makefile.PL , make , make test , make install
which all works ok.

when I try the sample CGI script I get

install_driver(Informix) failed: Can't load
'/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386
-linux/auto/DBD/Informix/Informix.so' for module DBD::Informix:
libifsql.so: can
not open shared object file: No such file or directory at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503
/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 169.

anybody with any ideas how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance

--
The wealth of reality, cannot be seen from your locality.

DBD:Informix install problem

Post by Ted Troccol » Sun, 26 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Well Rick, I am gonna try to help you.

I fixed this SAME EXACT PROBLEM YESTERDAY, only I had it with the MySql
database.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you one specific thing to do to remedy it.
I spent several hours peeking around and eventually it worked.
This is what I found during the few hours.

1) You have to figure out what is below /usr/lib/perl5/.   By that I mean,
you might have several copies of the same PM files ( perl modules ).  I did.
It was because the RPMs, database distribution and DBI/DBD tarballz all put
things in different perl paths!!!

2) I noticed that you have stuff under /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl and the
other stuff under
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503

I'd head down to /usr/lib/perl5 and do a 'ls -lR /usr/lib/perl5'.  Save the
output and then
start digging around in it.  Look for duplicate filenames.  Don't blindly
delete things though.
Some files really do have two... ( I remember [Ss]ocket[s].pm for example ).

You can use find to help as well.   'find /usr/lib/perl5/ -name
"<file_pattern>" -print'
where file_pattern "*.pm" seemed to be pretty helpful.

I found a few copies of DBD.pm, DBI.pm, MySql.pm, etc.
If you find the same chaos, you have to figure out how to clean it up
and make sure you only have 1 copy of each.

I used the gnorpm tool to see which package was responsible for the perl
modules down there.
It seems the perl5 installed its modules in one place, and the extra RPMs
and tarballz I
installed put their modules elsewhere.

While you are there, you might consider checking your CGI.pm (if you have
it)!
I found that the RPM installed it in a different place, and I then had 2 of
them as well.

I know it seems kinda HIT - N - MISS, but... this really is how I solved it.
Although I can't
really point out specifically what the problem is, I know it is the same as
mine... so try that stuff
first, and any other stuff like it.  The /usr/lib/perl5 area has multiple
copies
of (some/many) thing(s).

Good luck!

Quote:> Can anyone help???

> I am trying to install the DBD::informix perl interface.
> I have done perl Makefile.PL , make , make test , make install
> which all works ok.

> when I try the sample CGI script I get

> install_driver(Informix) failed: Can't load
> '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386
> -linux/auto/DBD/Informix/Informix.so' for module DBD::Informix:
> libifsql.so: can
> not open shared object file: No such file or directory at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503
> /i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 169.

> anybody with any ideas how to fix this ?

> Thanks in advance

> --
> The wealth of reality, cannot be seen from your locality.

1. Perl DBI-0.93 DBD-Informix-0.58 on SCO

My System is:
System = SCO_SV
Release = 3.2v5.0.4

I have got Perl 5.00404 downloaded from sco skunkware 98 (may 98).

DBI-0.93 compiled and installed without problems.

Now I want to get DBD-Informix-0.58 running.

    perl Makefile.PL ... runs without problem

    make ... no problems

    make test ... results in ALL ERRORS:

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -I./blib/arch -I./blib/lib
-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/i386-sco_sv/5.00404 -I/usr/local/lib/perl5 -e

t/*.tt/basic00
...........install_driver(Informix) failed: Can't load
'./blib/arch/auto/DBD/Informix/Informix.so'
for module DBD::Informix: dynamic linker: /usr/bin/perl: relocation
error: symbol not found: getspnam at /usr/local/lib/perl5/i386-s
co_sv/5.00404/DynaLoader.pm line 166.

What is wrong? 'getspnam' is in libgen.a on SCO ... I am
no GURU but can Informix.so ask for this to be loaded???

Who is out there with a solution?
Many thanks for help in advance!
Bernd Zimmermann

2. WTT: 320 520 type Memory boards

3. PERL DBI:DBD for Informix

4. weitek upgrade chips in SS2's

5. Building DBD::Informix v.060 on SCO OS 5.0.5

6. RTS/CTS on rs6000

7. Installing DBD::pg problems...

8. PMC boards using DEC Ethernet chip

9. Problem installing DBD

10. DBD:MySQL install problems for NT guy converting to Linux.

11. DBD:Sybase install problem

12. Problems installing Informix DS on ScoOpen 5

13. (Oops) Problems installing Informix DS on ScoOpen 5