selecting font for xdos - only through dosemu.conf ???

selecting font for xdos - only through dosemu.conf ???

Post by Michal Szymans » Tue, 31 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hello dosemu gurus,

Is it the only way to select font for xdos to put it into X {...} line
of dosemu.conf? I have here dosemu installed in a multiuser environment and it
would be nice if the users could choose their own favorite fonts. I couldn't
find any "-font" or "-fn" option (which would be natural for a X-windows app).

Then I tried to make alternate config files - differing only by font setting.
But this does not seem to work, either. When "xdos" is invoked with
"-F /etc/dosemu.conf.bigfont" option, it exits immediately reporting:

bootC is illegal in user config file
Can not change disk settings in user config file
Can not use DISK/DEVICE in the user config file

and this happens even with /etc/dosemu.users file containing:

all c_all

strange ;-(

Is there any workaround for this problem, which would allow "dynamic"
selection of font for xdos without having to change /etc/dosemu.conf file?

In any case, I guess it could be a hint for "dosemu" developers: add "-font"
option to xdos.

with best regards, Michal.

  Al. Ujazdowskie 4                   Voice:    48-22-294011 ext 23
  00-478 Warszawa, POLAND             FAX:      48-22-294967

1. Font error in XDOS (dosemu)

When I start "xdos" (dosemu) I get the following message:

CPU speed set to 333/1 MHz
Running on CPU=586, FPU=1 rdtsc=1
ERROR: X: unable to open font "vga"ERROR: , trying "vga"...
ERROR: X: unable to open font "9x15"ERROR: , trying "9x15"...

After I get these messages, xdos starts, and runs fine.

The messages are just annoying.

Does anyone know how to get rid of them?

Please send e-mail suggestions to:

Thank in advance for your help!

Jon

2. Apache resource handler?

3. xdos (dosemu with X) problem and vga font

4. how getting XENIX-Support

5. xdos DOSEMU 0.53pl42 via SLIP

6. Howto

7. dosemu 0.60.1, xdos vs keyboard

8. testing user input on numeric or character value

9. another keyboard glitch in dosemu xdos

10. Problem (and explanation): black xdos (dosemu) windows

11. dosemu - why xdos doesn't work?

12. xdos (dosemu 60.3) for UK keyboard?

13. Wanted: dosemu / xdos hdimage files