IBM 486SLC2-66 Motherboards supported?

Post by Andrej Gaba » Thu, 17 Feb 1994 14:35:40

Also, I've read in some other post that the IBM 486SLC2-66
motherboards are slow due to its 16bit bus interface when used
with a 32bit OS (such as Linux); true?

One more question: Is a 128k cache for the IBM motherboard
necessary with 16MB RAM installed?

Thank's
-Andrej

1. Linux on an IBM 486slc2-66

I am interested in running Linux (and probably XFree86 as well) on a
machine with an Alaris Leopard Motherboard.  that's the IBM 486slc2-66
VLB board.  has anyone had any problems running Linux on this board,
or conversely, has anyone successfully run Linux on this board?
My system configuration is:

IBM 486slc2-66
8MB of RAM (to be upgraded to 16MB)
VLB IDE controller
245MB IDE drive
CLGD5428-based VLB video, likely to be upgraded to S3.
16" SVGA monitor

I would be most grateful to anyone who is willing to share any experiences
they have had running Linux on this board.  Email replies most welcome.

Thanks,

Joseph Albert

2. New Motif lib's for use with XFree 3.1 ?

3. 486slc2/66 MotherBoard

4. 2nd ethernet nic

5. IBM 486SLC2 Motherboards

6. keyboard: unknown e1 escape sequence

7. 486SLC2 66 MHz

8. CD_Rom drivers HELP?

9. Motherboards that support ATA/66 IDE

10. UDMA/66 with ASUS motherboard+K6-3

11. Promise Ultra-66 on Intel PR440FX motherboard?

12. 486-66 Motherboard recommendations?

13. Want: 486/66 motherboard