Pop3/SMTP server for 8000+ users??

Post by Jesper Ekber » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Help!!

I'm trying to replace a NT4 server running Netscape mail 2.0 with a linux
server with some suitable mail server software. The NT4 server have approx.
7500 pop3 accounts.

Is there any pop3/smtp mta software for linux that can handle this work load
and is there any way to convert the users old mailboxes to the linux mail
software??

1. mail (pop3 + smtp) server using ODBC connections for user & auth info?

Has anyone modified the standard linux pop3 & smtp daemons to use
external authorisation routines? What I want to do is to connect to a
MS-SQL server database (which we already have) of our users and use that
database as a reference point for the mail servers.

Can you point me in the direction of any hints/tips on the subject?

Thanks in advance

Geoff

2. Raptor3 woes! - PLEASE HELP!!

3. running smtp server and pop3 server on same machine ?

4. what's this window manager?

5. Setting up .htaccess for 8000 users

6. network with pl12

7. Other web servers on ports 8000+

8. wait until a signal arrive

9. Home POP3 server connect to ISP POP3 server

10. POP3/SMTP Linux Server

11. POP3 / SMTP Server for small network ???

12. setting up a SMTP or POP3 server

13. Can I use kerberos with pop3 or smtp server daemon?