I'd like to say first that dosemu is really looking pretty good since
the first time I tried it many, many moons ago. I have been following
and testing silently the stuff I'd like to run. Since I hear rumours
of an upcoming .60 version, I thought I should throw in a couple of
things which are ALMOST working perfect.
I have dosemu running pretty well. I can get Heretic, Descent,
and a bunch of other stuff to work...I, of course, have a few
1) My second DOS disk is a 2.0 Gig SCSI that has a 1.6 Meg DOS partition
on it. For some reason, using partition acces (yes, I re-made
it with the new mkpartition) I keep getting sector not found
errors. Sorta like some CMOS thing. I have to use lredir.
2) Xdos doesn't seem to work remotely...I see this is a known bug,
but kinda curios.
3) Cursor control isn't 100% perfect under xdos...especially noticable
using elvis (for dos). Specifically, the underline cursor is often
1 line above where it should be...I kinda look at it as on overline
cursor most of the time. Most of the time after exiting the editor,
I get the same overline cursor in my DOS window. Kinda funny.
4) Running WP6.0 for DOS I keep getting:
ERROR: timer error AX=0x5c00
ERROR: timer error AX=0x3500
ERROR: timer error AX=0x5bbe
ERROR: timer error AX=0x3501
ERROR: timer error AX=0x3681
ERROR: timer error AX=0x5b03
Seems to be running ok; however, I'm no WP6.0 guru.
5) If I have the serial line uncommented for my modem, then run
dos (or xdos) AND I'M online...well, I get disconnected. It's like
it does a reset...kinda irksome.