how to build a news server with rh71 ?

Post by mado » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 00:58:30

i am trying to build a news server, for the first time
this is what happened:

Please run makehistory and/or makedbz before starting innd.

Please run makehistory and/or makedbz before starting innd.

Can't do dbzagain, No such file or directory

working on readme, but i would appreciate if you give me some quick answers

--
??icq:4186808?? madogcc.myip.org

Post by John Thompso » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 06:22:53

> i am trying to build a news server, for the first time
> this is what happened:

> Please run makehistory and/or makedbz before starting innd.

> Please run makehistory and/or makedbz before starting innd.

> Can't do dbzagain, No such file or directory

> working on readme, but i would appreciate if you give me some quick answers

I've not used inn but I suspect it wants to read your newsfeed's
active group list to create a local database of available
groups.  Are you connected to the newsfeed when you run makedbz
or makehistory?

--

1. Building news server

Hi,

I'm building a dedicated news server from scratch and would like some
suggestions on hardware/software system configuration.  I'll likely
be getting a full newsfeed from PageSat.  Would a 486/66 suffice?
32 meg RAM? 1 1-gig drive?  What's the most important resource?

Any sample configurations from others running news servers would be
quite helpful.

Thanks.

*=======================================================================*
 Mark Blythe                |  "When you have eliminated the impossible,

 http://www.dfw.net/~blythe |   must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
*=======================================================================*

2. Possible Setup???

3. building News server

4. ISP

5. How to build a news server

6. serial driver procfs

7. output port for rh71-linux DHCP server

8. Proplem Black Screen with Mach64

9. scsi parity error, incorrect nexus identification on rh71 nfs server

10. SCSI parity error / incorrect nexus identificaiton on rh71 nfs server

11. Can't upload file to RH71 FTP server

12. scsi parity error / incorrect nexus identification on rh71 nfs server

13. help:feeding news to local news server