Printing from Linux to Banyan Vines Print Queue?

Printing from Linux to Banyan Vines Print Queue?

Post by Manuel Bervanak » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hello there,

Is it possible to print from Linux 1.2.13 to a network printer on Banyan vines?
or even a shared printer workgrouped using Workgroups or Win95?

Some help would be appreciated.

Manuel.

1. Solaris 2.4 --> Banyan Vines Printing

: Hi all,

: I need to find a way to connect a SUN workstation (running Solaris 2.4) to a
: Banyan Vines print service.  I've looked at Incognito software and UPRINT, a
: freeware print service, but both of these appear to only work with UNIX
: systems which use the BSD print subsystem.  From what I can tell Solaris 2.x
: uses a System V-based print system (ie no printcap file).
I'm using incognito to print to HP JetDirect boards. Solaris will interface
with it a the same time. For non-HP printers there is a HP JetDirect EX
which will connect to the parallel port of non-HP printers.

: Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

: Jay sends...

2. sata controller?

3. point solaris print queue to win2000 print queue

4. Automating Installations

5. Mainframe printing to linux print queue

6. Sony CDU311 CD-ROM & Slackware 3.1

7. linux and Banyan Vines

8. VFS Read-only file system

9. linux & Banyan Vines ?

10. PC/TCP,Banyan Vines,Dynamically-allocated IP...Linux?

11. Linux client for Banyan Vines file server?

12. Banyan Vines and Linux

13. linux & Banyan Vines ??