SB dsp reset without reboot?

Post by Chief » Mon, 09 Jun 2003 04:01:06

Is it possible to reset a SB dsp without a reboot?.
There's a reference on google to a dspreset utility but no url.

Often reboots are not possible for weeks here and I need my Sibelius!

tia

1. Sound Problems: sb:dsp reset failed

I am trying to get sound working in my linux 5.2 system.  When it tries
to initialize the sound device at bootup I get the following message:

Soundblaster audio driver copyright...etc...
sb: dsp reset failed
YM3812 and OPL-3 driver copyright...etc...
OPL3 not detected ff

I have searched thru dejanews and all the faqs/howtos etc. and still
cannot figure this out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Yamaha sound card with an OPL3 driver in windows...

thanks...

Bill Damon, Salem VA

2. Term mailing list?

3. "sb: dsp reset failed"

4. Apache update from SuSE ??

5. resetting video (without rebooting)

6. Problem booting after installation

7. resetting uptime without reboot?

8. ATAPI interface for Storage devices

9. rebooting linux without physikal reset

10. How can I reset an X.25 card without rebooting?

11. resetting the serial port without rebooting

12. Can I reset NIC without reboot the server?

13. reset power fail status without rebooting?