Trantor T-160 OLD SCSI card

Post by goof.. » Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

I have installed linux on a few computers and I am getting good at using it
too. I have one problem : On my "latest" computer , I have a trantor t-160
SCSI card for my NEC 3x cdrom. The scsi boot disks from slackware 3.4 can't
find the thing. ( Win95 does not find it either but I don't need that
anyway). I was wandering if anyone uses such a card or if anyone as a tipp
for me.

Thanks,
Louis-Michel Gelinas

Net-Tamer V 1.11 - Test Drive

Trantor T-160 OLD SCSI card

Post by Glenn Butche » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Hi all,

> I have installed linux on a few computers and I am getting good at using it
> too. I have one problem : On my "latest" computer , I have a trantor t-160
> SCSI card for my NEC 3x cdrom. The scsi boot disks from slackware 3.4 can't
> find the thing. ( Win95 does not find it either but I don't need that
> anyway). I was wandering if anyone uses such a card or if anyone as a tipp
> for me.

> Thanks,
> Louis-Michel Gelinas

> Net-Tamer V 1.11 - Test Drive

I have a Trantor T-130 for which the driver simply would not use the
IRQ.  I set it up to poll, and it works fine.  If you're not doing media
applications on your CD-ROM, then the less-efficient polling shouldn't
impact your computing satisfaction.

1. Trantor T-160 SCSI Card

Howdy y'all,

I am about to receive (yet another) box to play around with FreeBSD
v4.3-RELEASE.  I also have an older Trantor T-160 SCSI card that I was
wondering if it would work with v4.3.

Does anyone which driver I should use?  I checked the handbook and it didn't
say (that, or I was blind).

Thanks in advance,

Simon Chang

2. This node is not returning packets!

3. Trantor T-160 SCSI drivers???

4. Y2K Law Handbook: Year 2000 Problem Legal Guide

5. SCSI Trantor T-160 & Linux

6. Xconfig help for notebook.

7. SCSI: Trantor T-160

8. Unix App, system(), and funny chars.

9. Trantor T-160 SCSI adapter with Linux?

10. Trantor t-160 scsi and Linux.

11. Trantor T-160

12. Trantor T-160 and Linux

13. Please Help Me Write a Trantor T-160 HOWTO