What Magazine had Linux cover CD.

Post by HRP.. » Fri, 09 Dec 1994 09:49:50

Subject line says it all really.  I Thought it was the english PC-Plus,
September Issue, I obviously got it wrong.

Can anyone help

Later

What Magazine had Linux cover CD.

Post by Mats Andtbac » Fri, 09 Dec 1994 19:29:18

Quote:>Subject line says it all really.  I Thought it was the english PC-Plus,
>September Issue, I obviously got it wrong.

The October issue, as a matter of fact; but they apparently only put
out about 40 000 of them to begin with. Some of those were supposed to
reach even this country, but _those_ were sold out before they even
hit the shelves.
--
" All these moments --
  Will vanish in time, like tears in the rain;

Post by Erik J. Doop » Sun, 11 Dec 1994 03:24:42

>Subject line says it all really.  I Thought it was the english PC-Plus,
>September Issue, I obviously got it wrong.
>Can anyone help
>Later

It was the October issue (no. 97) of the british PC-Plus.

Erik

 E.J. Dooper            Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam

        "It works better if you plug it in."

Post by Peter Warr » Tue, 13 Dec 1994 23:07:42

>Subject line says it all really.  I Thought it was the english PC-Plus,
>September Issue, I obviously got it wrong.
>Can anyone help

October 94 issue. Note that there are two slightly different issues -
one with 3.5 inch floppies on the cover and the other with the CD. Only
the CD issue has Linux, and only the 3.5 inch floppy issue has the
written instructions on how to get Linux up and going from the CD!
(Actually the doco on the CD is adequate - start with linux.txt or
linux.wri)

Peter Warren

What Magazine had Linux cover CD.

Post by Boudewi » Fri, 16 Dec 1994 07:24:04

Their latest issue had two interesting Linux demo's on the cd (crisp and
flagship) and linuxdoom (never seen a game so sick and tasteless since
666 on the speccy). It's nice to see they keep on supporting Linux and
it's fun to read the e-mail Lasermoon send them about it, which they
packaged as a readme...
--
Boudewijn Rempt
Kloosterstraat 34 1.2, 2021 VN Haarlem.

Post by Tim Holm » Thu, 15 Dec 1994 22:49:06

: Subject line says it all really.  I Thought it was the english PC-Plus,
: September Issue, I obviously got it wrong.

October '94; and the January '95 has demo versions of Crisp, Flagship and
something else which I can't remember.

Tim.

Post by Mark Coo » Sat, 17 Dec 1994 20:49:27

: >Subject line says it all really.  I Thought it was the english PC-Plus,
: >September Issue, I obviously got it wrong.

: It was the October issue (no. 97) of the british PC-Plus.

It's an old Slackware release though, with XFree 2.1 and Kernel 1.1.18 (ISTR)

Mark

1. UK magazine: Linux on cover:

Saw a thread recently about this subject, and after spending
23 pounds on a really good book, the next week I find
Mandrake 6.1 on the front of PC Answers (Christmas 1999
issue), the cover CD also includes WordPerfect 8.  The
December issue of PC Pluss includes Star Office on the Cover
CD, both bought in WH Smiths in Wigan.
--
Cheers

%HAV-A-NICEDAY Error not enough coffee  0 pps.

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

2. Sony CDU33A connected to Soundblaster Pro

3. SuSE 5.2 cover disk for PC Plus magazine (UK & Europe)

4. Getting talkd to work with Suns

5. CD stomper and CD cover

6. pppd/chat problem

7. Linux, 40,000 Cover CD's

8. rc shell Frequently Asked Questions

9. CD-Cover via Linux

10. Solaris 2.6 vold having problems with Pioneer DRM-604X CDROM Magazine changer

11. Which UK Magazine comes with free Linux CD ?

12. Linux CD free with PC Plus magazine

13. Linux distribution onn Magazine CDs?