Agenda VR3 Review @ barga!nPDA.com

Post by William Kendric » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 06:53:45

The webmaster of bargainPDA.com asked if I'd write a review of the
Agenda VR3 (Linux-based PDA), and so I have...

I don't claim it's excellent, but I try to go over what I think are
key issues:

  1. It's not quite ready for grandma & grandpa to use

  2. It's extremely easy to develop for, and totally Open Source, so
     it's got amazing potential (which is already showing)

Here it is, enjoy:

  http://www.bargainPDA.com/reviews/default.asp?reviewID=34

-bill!

Agenda VR3 Review @ barga!nPDA.com

Post by Brian M. Beel » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 06:21:53

Bill;

Thanks for helping us out! I encourage anyone else who is interested
to submit news items and/or reviews to our site. As Bill knows, I can
give you admin access to post these items as you'd like! We're very
interested in developing a community that is administered by the
community! Contact me if you're interested in getting involved.

Brian M. Beeler
www.bargainPDA.com
PDA Comparison shopping made easy!

> The webmaster of bargainPDA.com asked if I'd write a review of the
> Agenda VR3 (Linux-based PDA), and so I have...

> I don't claim it's excellent, but I try to go over what I think are
> key issues:

>   1. It's not quite ready for grandma & grandpa to use

>   2. It's extremely easy to develop for, and totally Open Source, so
>      it's got amazing potential (which is already showing)

> Here it is, enjoy:

>   http://www.bargainPDA.com/reviews/default.asp?reviewID=34

> -bill!

1. Agenda VR3 review in Pen Computing Magazine

The March issue has a review of the Linux-based "Agenda VR3" PDA.
The review is a little dated (it sounds like the wrote it a few months
ago and didn't get around to publishing it until now), but it's pretty good.

The article doesn't seem to be online yet, but if you can find a printed
copy, the article is around page 52 or 53, and is two pages long.

  http://www.pencomputing.com/

FYI, I grabbed a Developers Edition about a month ago (I don't think they're
available any more) and it's a pretty nice machine, especially for the price.

As soon as they get some things ironed out (hand writing recognition is a
little hard, and they're working on ways to drastically increase the system's
general responsiveness), it'll be top notch.

Developing for it is insanely easy, too.  I've already written a small app.,
an arcade game, and have begun porting an emulator to it.  (The emulator
ran pretty out of the box... I'm just working on making the emulator support
PDA resolution, and creating a nice GUI launcher for it.)

If you're into Linux, you _need_ one of these.

If you're not into Linux, keep your eye on it, because it's going places!

-bill!

http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/bill/

2. how does the scheduler work?

3. ANNC: "Thumbpad" for Agenda VR3

4. How to crash your unix system.

5. MailAgent for Agenda VR3

6. help i have big trouble

7. Xtops.DE Offers AGENDA VR3 - The First Dedicated Linux PDA

8. Supra 336i PnP modem and isapnptools

9. FreeBSD and Agenda VR3?

10. Ethernet for Agenda VR3!

11. 'AntiTrust' review on Salon.com

12. Review Ultra 2 SCSI card by Linux.com

13. Web: FirstLinux.com reviews Linux chess interfaces