MailAgent for Agenda VR3

Post by William Kendric » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:16:23

Oliver Kurth has released a rather cool looking mail reader/composer
for the Agenda VR3 Linux-based PDA.

Info., screenshots and downloads are here:

  http://innominate.org/~oku/agenda/mailagent/

-bill!

1. Agenda VR3 review in Pen Computing Magazine

The March issue has a review of the Linux-based "Agenda VR3" PDA.
The review is a little dated (it sounds like the wrote it a few months
ago and didn't get around to publishing it until now), but it's pretty good.

The article doesn't seem to be online yet, but if you can find a printed
copy, the article is around page 52 or 53, and is two pages long.

  http://www.pencomputing.com/

FYI, I grabbed a Developers Edition about a month ago (I don't think they're
available any more) and it's a pretty nice machine, especially for the price.

As soon as they get some things ironed out (hand writing recognition is a
little hard, and they're working on ways to drastically increase the system's
general responsiveness), it'll be top notch.

Developing for it is insanely easy, too.  I've already written a small app.,
an arcade game, and have begun porting an emulator to it.  (The emulator
ran pretty out of the box... I'm just working on making the emulator support
PDA resolution, and creating a nice GUI launcher for it.)

If you're into Linux, you _need_ one of these.

If you're not into Linux, keep your eye on it, because it's going places!

-bill!

http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/bill/

2. system log

3. ANNC: "Thumbpad" for Agenda VR3

4. securelevel & chflags question.

5. Xtops.DE Offers AGENDA VR3 - The First Dedicated Linux PDA

6. OpenSource KDE Books

7. Agenda VR3 Review @ barga!nPDA.com

8. libc5 -> libc6 and Seg. Faults

9. FreeBSD and Agenda VR3?

10. Ethernet for Agenda VR3!

11. wanted: someone to help me with mailagent

12. mailagent help

13. Agenda for Conference Call Friday