Question about 13" color monitor problem

Question about 13" color monitor problem

Post by William C. Steinme » Fri, 20 Oct 1995 04:00:00

My apple 13" color monitor's tube is fading in and out.  A friend has
suggested that the problem could be due to a bad capacitor.  Does
anyone know of this problem and what the fix is?

Thanks.

Bill

Post by Tony Quin » Sun, 22 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: My apple 13" color monitor's tube is fading in and out.  A friend has
: suggested that the problem could be due to a bad capacitor.  Does
: anyone know of this problem and what the fix is?

And there's me thinking Apple and Linux were mutually exclusive concepts.

                  Tony Quinn --- The Voice of Insanity

Question about 13" color monitor problem

Post by Mats Andtbacka KTF » Mon, 23 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>My apple 13" color monitor's tube is fading in and out.  A friend has
>suggested that the problem could be due to a bad capacitor.  Does
>anyone know of this problem and what the fix is?

If you only have the ca$h, the best solution is to throw it out the
window and get a new 15- or 17-incher. Other than that, get hold of
somebody qualified to poke around the insides of high-tension electric
equipment.

[oh, and btw - Distribution: usa doesn't work.]
--
" ... got to contaminate to alleviate this loneliness
      i now know the depths i reach are limitless... "