Is there a transparent screen locker for Linux?

Is there a transparent screen locker for Linux?

Post by Qingchun Gu » Wed, 11 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I don't know if "transparent screen locker" is the right name or not, but
this is what I am looking for:

When it is running, it don't generate any new picture on the screen.
Whatever was originally on the screen remains on the screen.  This is what
I mean by "transparent".

As soon as someone touches the mouse, a "please enter password" message
appears on the screen.  Without the right password, one can not use the
computer.  This part works very much like a screen locker.

Is there such a "transparent screen locker" available for Linux?  If
you have any information, please send me email.  Thanks!

                  |   301-617-0345 (home)
   Qingchun Guo   |   301-286-2788 (office)

1. Is there a transparent screen locker for Linux?

    Qingchun> When it is running, it don't generate any new picture on
    Qingchun> the screen.  Whatever was originally on the screen
    Qingchun> remains on the screen.  This is what I mean by
    Qingchun> "transparent".

Try something like "xlock   -geometry 1x1+0+0 -mode blank".   (Not all
versions of 'xlock' supports '- geometry'.)  "man xlock" for details.

    Qingchun> Is there such a "transparent screen locker" available
    Qingchun> for Linux?  If you have any information, please send me
    Qingchun> email.  Thanks!

I'm not sending you an e-mail.  Don't you read this newsgroup?

--
Lee Sau Dan

2. Where do I go from here?

3. screen locker

4. Printing in Landscape from Perl using systen()

5. KDE Screen Locker Password Problems

6. What do you think of Unix ????

7. Screen Saver/Locker With Customizable Text?

8. Alpha 1000A/Suse/S3 video

9. vlock -- Linux Console locker

10. KDE2.2 Konsole - Transparent with 2nd Screen (MGA)

11. Screen shots - How Do I Get Transparent xconsole?

12. Aterm transparent on border not screen?

13. technical diff between transparent/non-transparent proxy servers