brl cad package on linux?

Post by Humenberger Edmu » Thu, 01 Sep 1994 23:42:40

Did somebody make a compile of the cad system?
If somebody is interested in the source or more information,
get information on obtaining it form ftp.brl.mil

or gillis at brl.mil

ed

1. Need help building BRL-CAD package

Hello out there!

Has anybody out there had any luck building BRL-CAD?  I finally got the
registration stuff taken care of, untarred the stuff, but now I'm having
no end of difficulties *building* it.

In particular, cake complains no matter what I do.  It complains about
../Cakefile.lib, Cakefile, etc.  I'm not even sure if my cake is built
correctly.  I did have to patch it a bit to get it to compile / link
(yylineno and yywrap definitions).  I'm not exactly a yacc / lex expert
(not even close), so I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but I really
don't think that I broke it.....

If anybody could give me some pointers, it'd be *greatly* appreciated.

Oh -- the other relevant stuff:
gcc: 2.6.2 (and matching libs, etc).
Kernel: 1.1.66 (if that matters)
brl-cad: 4.2

Thanks in advance...
-Nick

--
+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| /`-_     Nicholas R LeRoy            | Linux -- What *nix was meant to be. |

| \   */   Camtronics, LTD, PO Box 950 |  Escape the Gates of Hell with      |
| |___|    Hartland, WI 53029          |   The choice of a GNU generation... |
+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+

2. Accessing POP/SMTP/NNTP etc, via SSH from another ISP

3. BRL-CAD under Linux

4. Install problem

5. Knobs and buttons for XF86, BRL-CAD 5.0 Beta

6. gpm & X

7. Need help building brl-cad

8. 99.9 kernel bounces logins why ??

9. brl-cad

10. BRL CAD

11. Good CAD package(s) for Linux??

12. Anybody using mechanical CAD packages under Linux?

13. Any CAD package for linux ??