RPM manager ?

Post by Len Cuf » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a decent RPM manager -- something that I could use
to 'browse' through and see what's installed ?
Cheers,
        Len

RPM manager ?

Post by Gerald Willman » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> there's glint as a generic X aplication, or kdepackage for KDE.

what's wrong with rpm itself? Much better than glint IMHO (don't know
about kdepackage).
                          Gerald

RPM manager ?

Post by Richard Stein » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

spake unto us, saying:

Quote:>Does anyone know of a decent RPM manager -- something that I could use
>to 'browse' through and see what's installed ?

Well, one ncurses solution is purp:

  http://www.lysator.liu.se/purp/index.html

--

    OS/2 + Linux (Slackware+RedHat+SuSE) + FreeBSD + Solaris + BeOS +
    WinNT4 + Win95 + PC/GEOS + MacOS + Executor = PC Hobbyist Heaven!

RPM manager ?

Post by Luis Sous » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Does anyone know of a decent RPM manager -- something that I could use
> to 'browse' through and see what's installed ?
> Cheers,
>         Len

there's glint as a generic X aplication, or kdepackage for KDE.

Luis Sousa.

RPM manager ?

Post by Marc D. Willia » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>Does anyone know of a decent RPM manager -- something that I could use
>to 'browse' through and see what's installed ?
>Cheers,
>        Len

For the console there's something called purp which seems to work
fairly well.
I just downloaded xrpm for X but it uses python and I guess Tk/tcl
which my python isn't configured for, yet. So I can't tell you how
well it works.

--

Quote:>>ANIME SENSHI<<

http://www.agate.net/~tvdog/internet.html  --  DOS Internet
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Platform/8269/ -- Windows 3.x Makeover

RPM manager ?

Post by Peter Polma » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Check out "xrpm", try one of SuSE's FTP sites, links are at www.suse.com.
It's simple and easy to use.
If you use KDE you might want to check out "kpackage" or "KPackviewer". Find
links to these from KDE's website - www.kde.org

> > Does anyone know of a decent RPM manager -- something that I could use
> > to 'browse' through and see what's installed ?
> > Cheers,
> >         Len

> there's glint as a generic X aplication, or kdepackage for KDE.

> Luis Sousa.

1. GNOME rpm-manager

What I liked about glint, was it's feature to show 'available' packages,
i.e. those downloaded on the HDD but not installed yet.

The GNOME rpm-manager (which btw automatically deleted glint during
install -- damn, I never asked it to!) just lists all packages in a certain
directory without sorting out the uninstalled ones. Or is it capable of
distinguishing the rpms by their status too? That would be nice.

J.R.

--
   \\   "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way..."
  __()   To reply, use my VALID e-mail address,

         Naturally, you've got to remove the OBVIOUS first.

2. netstat source code

3. Is there a console based RPM manager for RedHat?

4. Restricted Unix account

5. RPM manager under X

6. cc in AIX installation?

7. RPM Manager

8. Running Simulateonus Process

9. Graphical RPM Manager for KDE?

10. Ack - RPM Manager screwed in upgrade

11. RedHat 4.2 RPM manager confused?

12. RPM managers

13. console based rpm manager, are there any free utils???