Linux Inside T-Shirts

Post by Jean-Paul Ch » Mon, 08 Aug 1994 00:18:11

Hello....
Who would be interested in a Black/White Short/Long T-Shirt, with the
'Linux Inside' logo, printed in Red. A large one accross the back, and
one small badge sized on the top left corner on the front. :)
If anyone is, then mail me.. I'm just seeing if it is worth looking into
the idea. :)
Thank you.
- JP

--

        Drasnian Technologies,  Perth, Western Australia
        PH +61-9-447-6261             FAX +61-9-447-4098

Linux Inside T-Shirts

Post by MATTHEW TIPPE » Tue, 16 Aug 1994 22:49:55

> Hello....
> Who would be interested in a Black/White Short/Long T-Shirt, with the
> 'Linux Inside' logo, printed in Red. A large one accross the back, and
> one small badge sized on the top left corner on the front. :)
> If anyone is, then mail me.. I'm just seeing if it is worth looking into
> the idea. :)
> Thank you.
> - JP

Just as an aside, if you look carefully at the Linux Inside Logo, on the
inside part of the loop, you can see some white pixels, in the solid area.
This came from the (R) registered trademark from intel....

Have a look at a 'intel inside' logo for what I mean..

Be careful... You might be opening yourself to something *...

Just worried my a bit...

Matt

Linux Inside T-Shirts

Post by Mehrdad Jalali So » Wed, 17 Aug 1994 03:51:15

: Just as an aside, if you look carefully at the Linux Inside Logo, on the
: inside part of the loop, you can see some white pixels, in the solid area.
: This came from the (R) registered trademark from intel....

Hi there! Can this loge be found an a ftp somewhere? Would be nice to print
a sticker for my computer case... (-:

Type ya,
--
/======================================\
| Olav "Mac" Woelfelschneider          |

| I refuse to grow up,                 |
| I don't want to lose my humor...     |
\======================================/

Linux Inside T-Shirts

Post by Pete Deu » Fri, 19 Aug 1994 05:46:25

: > Hello....
: > Who would be interested in a Black/White Short/Long T-Shirt, with the
: > 'Linux Inside' logo, printed in Red. A large one accross the back, and
: > one small badge sized on the top left corner on the front. :)
: > If anyone is, then mail me.. I'm just seeing if it is worth looking into
: > the idea. :)

: Just as an aside, if you look carefully at the Linux Inside Logo, on the
: inside part of the loop, you can see some white pixels, in the solid area.
: This came from the (R) registered trademark from intel....

: Have a look at a 'intel inside' logo for what I mean..

: Be careful... You might be opening yourself to something *...

Agreed, especially if you ripped off the logo.  I think it'd be cool to have
a logo, and also a shirt, but even if the logo wasn't ripped off, I would still
object to the lack of creativity in the slogan...

Perhaps this thread should turn into  an idea swap/voting on an apt slogan!
(Sorry!  I can't think of one right yet!)

Pete
     "Actually, I'm just a lab mouse on stilts..."

Linux Inside T-Shirts

Post by Pete Deu » Fri, 19 Aug 1994 06:28:33

[this was sent to me E-mail and I'm posting it, incase of a type-o]

Quote:> Perhaps this thread should turn into  an idea swap/voting on an apt slogan!
> (Sorry!  I can't think of one right yet!)

I like a Linux slogan I saw in someone's signature:

    Linux: the choice of a Gnu generation

It's still a parody of someone else's slogan, but it has a pun, and it
also says a little bit more about Linux than just "it's inside something".

Regards,

Michael Chastain

Linux Inside T-Shirts

Post by Keith Hea » Fri, 19 Aug 1994 09:02:22

>: > Hello....
>: > Who would be interested in a Black/White Short/Long T-Shirt, with the
>: > 'Linux Inside' logo, printed in Red. A large one accross the back, and
>: > one small badge sized on the top left corner on the front. :)
>: > If anyone is, then mail me.. I'm just seeing if it is worth looking into
>: > the idea. :)

>: Just as an aside, if you look carefully at the Linux Inside Logo, on the
>: inside part of the loop, you can see some white pixels, in the solid area.
>: This came from the (R) registered trademark from intel....

>: Have a look at a 'intel inside' logo for what I mean..

>: Be careful... You might be opening yourself to something *...

>Agreed, especially if you ripped off the logo.  I think it'd be cool to have
>a logo, and also a shirt, but even if the logo wasn't ripped off, I would still
>object to the lack of creativity in the slogan...

It could probably be defended as Fair Use by claiming that it's a
  parody. It works in music. It's quite clearly a take-off on the
  Intel slogan, and I like it as such. It's not like Linux competes
  against Intel. Quite the contrary, it promotes the use of the Intel
  archetecture.

Then again, Intel prolly has lawyers sitting around waiting for
  something to do. The T-shirt designer would have to hire one (or more)
  to defend himself, even if he was eventually ruled to be allowed to
  use the slogan. It'd cost far more than the shirts would ever bring in.

        Justice for money, how much more can you pay?
        We all know it's the American way.

                                Styx

Personally, I hope Intel never notices.

  Keith

Linux Inside T-Shirts

Post by Mark P. Nels » Sat, 20 Aug 1994 02:07:02

: It could probably be defended as Fair Use by claiming that it's a
:   parody. It works in music. It's quite clearly a take-off on the
:   Intel slogan, and I like it as such.

Note that this didn't help Delrina and Berke Breathed in the silly case
brought by those unpleasant Berkeley Systems people about the penguin
shooting down their flying toasters (originally ripped off from the cover of
30 seconds over Winterland).

: Personally, I hope Intel never notices.

Fat chance.

--

                         While I'll admit that anyone can make a mistake once,
                         to go on making the same lethal errors century after

Linux Inside T-Shirts

Post by David Bar » Mon, 22 Aug 1994 02:20:47

: [this was sent to me E-mail and I'm posting it, incase of a type-o]

:     Linux: the choice of a Gnu generation

: It's still a parody of someone else's slogan, but it has a pun, and it
: also says a little bit more about Linux than just "it's inside something".

Could the author of this thread give some hints on the possible price of
the famous Linux T-Shirts ? (not including "Intel Inside" licensing fee -) )

And yes : Linux is definitly the choice of a GNU generation ! So why not
print 2 or 3 versions of our Linux Guerilla/Propaganda T-Shirts... ?

Regards,

--

Linux Inside T-Shirts

Post by Mark A. Horton KA4Y » Tue, 23 Aug 1994 14:00:37

: And yes : Linux is definitly the choice of a GNU generation ! So why not
: print 2 or 3 versions of our Linux Guerilla/Propaganda T-Shirts... ?
: Regards,
: --

        Hello David and all...
                InfoMagic is selling Linux T-shirts right now!  In stock.
        They have the "Gerrilla UNIX Development" and "Venimus, Vidimus
        Dolavimus" (We came, We saw, We hacked.) on the back along with
        the platypus logo on the front.  There'll probably be a more complete
        posting coming soon, but for now just call 1.800.800.6613 for more
        information.

        - M
--
"Linux!     Guerrilla UNIX Development     Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus."

+1.404.371.0291                     33 45 31 N / 084 16 59 W

Linux Inside T-Shirts

Post by Robert Murray - MARCO North Americ » Wed, 24 Aug 1994 09:25:12

: : [this was sent to me E-mail and I'm posting it, incase of a type-o]

: :     Linux: the choice of a Gnu generation

: : It's still a parody of someone else's slogan, but it has a pun, and it
: : also says a little bit more about Linux than just "it's inside something".

: Could the author of this thread give some hints on the possible price of
: the famous Linux T-Shirts ? (not including "Intel Inside" licensing fee -) )

: And yes : Linux is definitly the choice of a GNU generation ! So why not
: print 2 or 3 versions of our Linux Guerilla/Propaganda T-Shirts... ?

 What about one on the front and a diff on the back?

: Regards,

: --

Robert Murray

Linux Inside T-Shirts

Post by Michael Edward Chasta » Wed, 24 Aug 1994 12:45:12

Quote:> What about one on the front and a diff on the back?

I dunno.  'patch47', the last kernel diff was 1860 lines long.  You'll
need a very small font.  :)

Hmmm, how about a list of all (or lots of) the packages available for Linux
printed on the back?

Michael Chastain

Linux Inside T-Shirts

Post by Tony A Ripp » Sat, 27 Aug 1994 05:45:19

Dear All,
    I know Linux comes with the program ghostscript, which deals with
postscript files, and I know that used with ghostview you can display
them in X windows. What else can it do? Can I write ps files? (i.e. word
processing?)
If not, how would I go about it?

                                                Tony Rippy

Linux Inside T-Shirts

Post by Stephen Harr » Sat, 27 Aug 1994 16:59:34

: Dear All,
:     I know Linux comes with the program ghostscript, which deals with
: postscript files, and I know that used with ghostview you can display
: them in X windows. What else can it do? Can I write ps files? (i.e. word
: processing?)
: If not, how would I go about it?

There are a number of ways of creating postscript files:
  1. Use a text processor.  I use groff
     eg
       .sz 20
       .ft TR
       This is an example file

     and create postscript with 'groff -Tps -me filename'
     Others use TeX or*etc

  2. Look at Andrew - this is a system under X that has an almost WYSIWYG
     interface that can produce postscript

  3. Write your own
     eg
         %!PS
         /inch { 72 mul} def
         0 0 moveto
         0 10 inch lineto
         5 inch 10 inch lineto
         closepath
         fill
         showpage
     is postscript to draw a solid triangle 10 inches high and 5 inches wide
     (run it through ghostview and see!)

   4. Some other option  - sorry, there ARE lots of ways of generating PS
      files!

Hope this gives you some ideas.
--

rgds