Ximian Evolution: Changing weather location.

Ximian Evolution: Changing weather location.

Post by mag » Wed, 02 Oct 2002 04:01:15

I have been using Evoltion and found it pretty powerful and easy to
customize so that I could get the majority of my needs met. Getting my
/. news feeds, setting up the calendar and reading my mail. I was not
able to figure out how to change the weather location.

In the weather section there is a list of different locations, but my
specific location is not part of the list. I have been trying to
figure out what is going on with this and how I could work to fix this
problem.

I checked out the config.xmldb and saw a lot of different values.
There was one for weather and it was just a string of numbers and a
letter, which I would have no idea what to do with.

I figure there must be some way of working on this short of modifying
the source, which I am sure I would be far from able to achomplish on
such a large program. Does anyone know how you could add a location to
the list to get it to display weather for my correct location.

Ximian Evolution: Changing weather location.

Post by alex » Wed, 02 Oct 2002 20:14:30

mage shorted the keyboard with drool and:

Quote:> In the weather section there is a list of different locations, but my
> specific location is not part of the list. I have been trying to
> figure out what is going on with this and how I could work to fix this
> problem.

The manual is a bit MSFT on this, it says

# To add a city to be displayed in the weather:
# Select the city on the left hand column.

Not especially helpful....

Quote:> I figure there must be some way of working on this short of modifying
> the source, which I am sure I would be far from able to achomplish on
> such a large program. Does anyone know how you could add a location to
> the list to get it to display weather for my correct location.

The file you are looking for is called /usr/share/evolution/Locations or
something similar. I found this with:
bash$ grep ewcastle `locate evolution` 2>/dev/null | grep -v inary

It seems to be a list of locations and some strings, eg
loc41=Newcastle EGNT :RTPMS ---
so you can probably add your home town easily, so long as somebody is
providing a weather feed for it. And you can decipher what the "EGNT :RTPMS
---" means. apt-get source evolution. After lengthy searching with strace
......Find your city on weather.noaa.gov, that's what the "EGNT" is:
http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/EGNT.html,

have fun hacking!

alexd

--
www.troffasky.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
AIM:troffasky

1. Ximian Evolution: how to change the data-dir location

Greetings,
 I would like to change the directory where Evolution stores it's data
from

$HOME/evolution

$HOME/.evolution

because then it would be hidden from my filemanager etc.... Does anybody
have an idea how to do this? (Of course without modifying and compiling
the sources:)

Thanks in advance
Sven

2. comparison of embedded linux flavours

3. What is the difference between evolution in RH8 and evolution from Ximian?

4. Limiting Bandwidth for masquerading client

5. Ximian Evolution on Solaris 9 Sparc (installed but aborts)

6. Must start X twice to use mouse?

7. ximian evolution

8. kernel rebuild problem - 2.2.6-STABLE

9. Filters and Ximian Evolution 1.0.3

10. Search all folders in Ximian Evolution

11. ximian evolution: 554 SMTP synchronization error

12. Looking for Comments on Ximian Evolution

13. Help with Ximian Evolution