CD-ROM Drive/CD-ROM Bundle

Post by Randy Ju » Thu, 07 Apr 1994 09:26:23

Just Computers! is offering a special price on a LINUX CD-ROM plus
a Sony CDU-31A CD-ROM drive.  This is a great opportunity for those
that have been putting off the purchase of a CD-ROM drive.  LINUX
supports this drive which should make for a successful CD-ROM installation.

We are offering two different packages.  Both are great values!

  Sony CDU-31A plus LINUX Quarterly Winter CD-ROM        $149.95

  Sony CDU-31A plus Yggdrasil Fall '93 Release CD-ROM    $159.95

  Sony CDU-31A drives without the CD-ROM                 $134.95

California residents are subject to state sales tax.  Shipping and handling
charges are $12.00 in the United States.

A little bit about the Sony CDU-31A drives.  These are OEM packaging (no
fancy boxes).  The warranty is 1 year labor and parts provided by Sony.
The drives are single-speed and come complete with a proprietary (non-SCSI)
interface card and cable.  Driver software for DOS is included.

Just Computers! can be contacted at 707/769-1648 or internet e-mail at

the word "help" on a line in the message.

There are limited quantities of these bundles available.  This offer is
for a limited time.

1. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

        Hi, I just bought the Linux from Nascent CD-ROM and have been attempting
to install it on my 486DX2/66 machine.  I have a cardex SVGA card using a
Cirrus chipset and 1 meg of video ram.  I have 16 megs of 60-ns memory.  I also
have a local bus IDE hard drive controller (32-bit) running two 340-meg
western digital hard drives.  Oh, the video is local bus, too.  I also have
an IOMEGA floptical drive, as well as the almost expected 3.5" and 5.25"
floppies.  I also have a Soundblaster 16 sound card that is driving my CD-drive,
the setup that comes together in a multimedia pack, I forget the exact name,
but it is a fairly standard one.  It is a Panasonic cd-drive by the way.
A panasonic 54- something I think.  When I boot and root my way into Linux,
It won't mount my cd-drive.  Since the program files are all on CD, that
means I can't install.  I followed the instructions for fixing this problemm
in the manual, i.e. "mknod /dev/sbpcd b 25 0"
                    "ln -fs /dev/sbpcd /dev/cdrom"
This looked fine, but when I rebooted, Linux still wouldn't mount my drive.
I even tried getting new root and boot images via anonymous FTP and rawrite.
No dice.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike Van Camp

2. SCSI doc resources??

3. CD ROM Support For Older Panasonic CD-ROM Drives

4. My final year project

6. Process hangs after getmsg() (sleeping ...)

7. CD-ROM driver for Turtle Beach/Funai 6X CD-ROM?

8. network card not detected

9. Intsall from CD-ROM without a CD-ROM

10. Strange CD-ROM Issue (aka CD-ROM Problem)

11. PAS 16 CD-ROM and Slakware96, mounting CD-ROM crashes system

12. CD-ROm ? WHat CD-ROM

13. Mount CD-ROM over network and report as CD-ROM