Mozilla authentication

Post by Tim » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:26:22

What have I done to mess up authentication in Mozilla and Netscape? I've
been using Mozilla for quite some time and had no problems with secure
pages. Now suddenly I'm getting failures on any secure site. I've checked
the preferences and everything is set correctly. This started happening
when I got .99, but I went back to .98 and it is still the same. To make
things worse, I tried an old netscape that I still had, it's 4.7x and it
also fails! This tells me that I must have changed something system wide
that causes this problem, but I have no idea. Anyone have a clue?

--
Tim Ryan

Mozilla authentication

Post by Davi » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:56:24

> What have I done to mess up authentication in Mozilla and Netscape? I've
> been using Mozilla for quite some time and had no problems with secure
> pages. Now suddenly I'm getting failures on any secure site. I've checked
> the preferences and everything is set correctly. This started happening
> when I got .99, but I went back to .98 and it is still the same. To make
> things worse, I tried an old netscape that I still had, it's 4.7x and it
> also fails! This tells me that I must have changed something system wide
> that causes this problem, but I have no idea. Anyone have a clue?

Have you made changes to your firewall?
I think it's port 113 for authentication.
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Mozilla newsreader authentication madness

Hi:

With my Earthlink ISP, I have big trouble using Mozilla 1.2.1 as a
newsreader.  It wants a username and password for each group, and then
often forgets the password and asks again the next time I run Mozilla, or
maybe every few minuntes, I forget because I couldn't stand it anymore and
switched to knode, which I don't like.

But knode has no such problems with the authentication, since I can tell it
to feed the user and pw to Earthlink, and then I never see that crap.
Mozilla OTOH tries to be "smart" like a damn Windows program, and has all
this "remember passwords" feature crap, that doesn't seem to work.  I'd
rather manually configure a password for the news account like in knode,
and have it work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
--
_____________________
Christopher R. Carlen

Suse 8.1 Linux 2.4.19

2. chsh on Solaris 2.5?

3. SSH Remote access Always getting: Disconnected; authentication error (No further authentication methods available).

4. hacked root

5. pppd: peer authentication required but no authentication files accessible ????????????

6. How I Got Nvidia 1541 working with GeForce2MX and Mandrake 8.1

7. SCO Authentication vs LINUX Authentication

8. 800x600 lcd not being written

9. Digest Authentication v Basic Authentication

10. Authentication: can't demand authentication for ProxyPass links

11. pppd: peer authentication required but no authentication files accessible

12. ppp-on: peer authentication required but no authentication files accessible

13. Mozilla 1.7.13 contributed builds for Solaris10, Solaris 8/9 is now available on mozilla.org