Caldera 2.2 "Unofficial" CD?

Post by Ewan Dunba » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

>Is (or will) the new Caldera 2.2 available on "unofficial" CD's? I've
>checked several Linux CD venders and they only offer the 1.x versions
>on unofficial CD's. Is it just that 2.2 is so new that 3rd party CD's
>haven't been made yet, or is 2.2 not "free"? Hopefully the former is the
>case because it would be sad to see a major Linux distro that cannot
>be freely copied.

Actually, most have commercial software in them, so they can't either. There
have to be versions produced with the commercial software removed. I doubt that
a version of Caldera 2.2 can be produced without the commercial software, since
Partition Magic is so tightly integrated into the installation.

Visit Preston Manning: Action Hero at
http://earl.thedunbars.com/pmah/index.html

Caldera 2.2 "Unofficial" CD?

Post by Jeff Volckaer » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

Doesn't that break the Linux license?  I thought they had to make a freely
available version?

Jeff Volckaert