Shutdown won't Power-off using SuSE-6.1

Post by Younger » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

When I used RedHat 6.0 and everytime I issue a shutdown command from the KDE
logon icon, my computer would be brought down to halt with the power off
within 5 seconds.  I replaced my RedHat-6.0 package with SuSE-6.1 and the
shutdown process will not power off the computer except just halted the
computer and switch the Master Resource Control to runlevel 0.

Has anyone ever noticed the weird behaviour on his/her Linux using SuSE-6.1
distro?

--

Shutdown won't Power-off using SuSE-6.1

Post by Stefan Ehl » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> When I used RedHat 6.0 and everytime I issue a shutdown command from the KDE
> logon icon, my computer would be brought down to halt with the power off
> within 5 seconds.  I replaced my RedHat-6.0 package with SuSE-6.1 and the
> shutdown process will not power off the computer except just halted the
> computer and switch the Master Resource Control to runlevel 0.

> Has anyone ever noticed the weird behaviour on his/her Linux using SuSE-6.1
> distro?

This is a known bug. Please check www.suse.com for the fix, it's somewhere
there.

...unn wech
Stefan

Shutdown won't Power-off using SuSE-6.1

Post by Chris Mahmoo » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

change /etc/rc.d/init.d/halt to use 'halt -p' instead of 'halt'--it seems that
Germans don't like this behaviour.
-ckm

1. Shutdown won't Power-off using SuSE-6.1

When I used RedHat 6.0 and everytime I issue a shutdown command from the KDE
logon icon, my computer would be brought down to halt with the power off
within 5 seconds.  I replaced my RedHat-6.0 package with SuSE-6.1 and the
shutdown process will not power off the computer except just halted the
computer and switch the Master Resource Control to runlevel 0.

Has anyone ever noticed the weird behaviour on his/her Linux using SuSE-6.1
distro?

--

2. Awk from right to left

3. RH 7.2 Power Management, power-off on shutdown?

4. web500gw: configure search-form for more than one attribute per search-request

5. SuSE Linux 7.3 will not power off at shutdown

6. How to change the color of Unix prompt?

7. Can power-off call shutdown ?

8. Root directory speed/security?

9. Power-off after shutdown under Linux

10. Power-off on shutdown?

11. Automatic power-off of an RS/6000 following issuance of "shutdown" command

12. Propper shutdown on power-off

13. acpi won't power off 'puter