Problems installing StarOffice 5.2

Post by Z.Atl » Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:58:11

Hi
I downloaded StarOffice 5.2 as one big executable module from Sun's
website.  Sun claim that simply running that from the desired
directory will install the product.  So I put it on my Linux Mandrake
8.0 on /root/so , made sure I am logged on as root and that the file
is indeed executable and ran it with the following results

so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin

glibc version: 2.2.2

file not found '/root/so/so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-000.bin'
file not found '/root/so/so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-001.bin'

error: One or more files are missing! Please ensure that all necessary
files are present.

This is a fairly popular package and I am sure most obvious errors
were already kinked out by Sun, so I must be doing something wrong.
Does anybody have any idea
Thanks
Ze'ev Atlas

Problems installing StarOffice 5.2

Post by Carl Fi » Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:20:30

Quote:>so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin
>file not found '/root/so/so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-000.bin'
>file not found '/root/so/so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-001.bin'

It looks as if you downloaded the wrong file.  Sun gives you a choice of
either a single huge file, or a series of smaller files to download.  I'm
guessing you are running the first in the series of smaller files, and it
wants the other ones.

Just guessing, mind.
--

I-Con's Science and Technology Programming
<http://www.iconsf.org/>

Post by Robert Wapple » Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:29:10

> Hi
> I downloaded StarOffice 5.2 as one big executable module from Sun's
> website.  Sun claim that simply running that from the desired
> directory will install the product.  So I put it on my Linux Mandrake
> 8.0 on /root/so , made sure I am logged on as root and that the file
> is indeed executable and ran it with the following results

> so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin

> glibc version: 2.2.2

> file not found '/root/so/so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-000.bin'
> file not found '/root/so/so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-001.bin'

> error: One or more files are missing! Please ensure that all necessary
> files are present.

> This is a fairly popular package and I am sure most obvious errors
> were already kinked out by Sun, so I must be doing something wrong.
> Does anybody have any idea
> Thanks
> Ze'ev Atlas

Are you sure there is emough Space left on the partition you excute it
from. Probably it tries to extract to the local directory first before
installing in the destination directory.

1. Problems installing StarOffice 5.2

[...]

2. unexplained 4k max transfer limit in driver strategy()

3. StarOffice 5.2 install problems

4. Support of Hewlett Packard File System

5. StarOffice 5.2 Install Problem

6. IDPROM error

7. Installing StarOffice 5.2 (Newbie)

8. Mouse Problem...

9. I am having troubles installing StarOffice 5.2 from the RedHat 7.2 distribution

10. unable to install StarOffice 5.2

11. Trouble installing StarOffice 5.2

12. Installing StarOffice 5.2 on RedHat 7.1

13. Post StarOffice 5.2 install woes w/KDE