About those replies on my LILO question..

About those replies on my LILO question..

Post by J. Victor K » Fri, 14 Jan 1994 06:05:40

I've had NUMEROUS replies on my previous posting about
setting my LILO up to boot DOS as default and Linux
as an option. Most of those who replied said to try the following
but it resulted in a SYNTAX error:

.
.
other = /dev/hda1
  label = dos
root = /dev/hda2
  image = /vmlinuz
  label = linux

Two people have suggested the following which DID WORK RIGHT
on MY system:

.
.
other = /dev/hda1
  label = dos
image = /vmlinuz    <=== this line before
  root = /dev/hda2  <=== this one
  label = linux

I have the Slackware 1.1.1 release.
I hope this may help any other users who've had the same
dilemma.

1. LILO/lilo.conf question?

--------------4BEFDA96F6F656BB18350736

Using COL 1.1

Having got my new kernel together I was assuming that the best way to
test it was to get LILO to boot it as a choice from my boot sources as
arch/i386/boot/zImage.

Having edited /etc/lilo.conf and rebooted I had expected to see my new
linux-sound as an option. Having looked all night I cannot seem to find
a reference to make lilo recognise the new lilo.conf.

Any Clues?
--------------4BEFDA96F6F656BB18350736

begin:          vcard
fn:             Simon Caldow
n:              Caldow;Simon

x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------4BEFDA96F6F656BB18350736--

2. Prohibit most services on a specific card?

3. LILO--LILO--LILO

4. Imap Implmentations

5. Newbie question: Reply address woes

6. Windows 2000 is Cool

7. Where are the replies to my question?

8. Panic: Mutex_adaptive_exit

9. these 3 questions from my C++ E-mail group, and my reply to C++ group

10. scohttp security question (SCO 5) -Reply

11. Sendmail - "Reply To:" header question

12. resend of reply (it's really a new question) to how to delete a line

13. changing reply email under root, question