efix (fax) problem

Post by Charles Stro » Thu, 24 Dec 1998 04:00:00

It's probably very stupid, but efix does not seem to work properly.

I have upgraded with
rpm -U efax-0.8a-7.i386.rpm
but when I use efix on a tiff file to make it viewable I get the
following messages:

(0): cs> efix -itiffg3 -ops -vewiaf fax1023.001 >,a
efix: Wed Dec 23 23:09:43 1998 efix v 0.2
efix: 09:43 argv[0]=efix
efix: 09:43 argv[1]=-itiffg3
efix: 09:43 argv[2]=-ops
efix: 09:43 argv[3]=-vewiaf
efix: 09:43 argv[4]=fax1023.001
efix: 09:43 efix v 0.2 Copyright 1996 Ed Casas
efix: 09:43 TIFF version 4.2 file (little-endian)
efix: 09:43 TIFF directory at 8 with 21 tags, last image.
efix: 09:43 opened fax1023.001 as 1728x2292 pixel 204x196 dpi TIFF-FAX
file
efix: 09:43 wrote standard output as 0x0 pixel 0x0 dpi PS page (2292
lines)

No matter what output format I use (ops, opgm, opcl, etc), I always
get a 0x0 pixel 0x0 dpi ouptut, i.e. nothing.

The input file is ok, checked with xv.  It's the first time I tried
fax/efax/efix.

Does somebody knows of a solution?

--
Charles Stroom

url:   http://www.stroom-schreurs.demon.nl/

1. Problem sending graphics with fax/efix

Hi,
I recently asked about a fax program for linux and started using fax
(fax, efix, efax).
Indead it is easy to install and configure.
It receives any fax and sends text fax.
However, when I needed to receive a form (using fax), fill it (using
xpaint) and send it again (using fax) I had the following problem.

XPaint can not edit fax, therefore I used XV to save it as gif.
I edited it (put X in the right places).
fax can not send gif therefore I used xv to save the edited form as pbm.
fax should support sending pbm files. When I tried sending the pbm
(generated by XV) it was handled as text.
I tried using efix to change the pbm to fax file but it failed
(exit with a message that somthing wrong with the pbm header).

Does any one know how to get a fax, edit it and send it again
using fax ?

Thanks,
Ilan.

2. Backspace doesn't work in Netscape, but okay elsewhere

3. problems with efix to ps

4. Question about Mirroring

5. Boca fax modem problem with fax. help!

6. Memory map of shared libraries, etc.

7. 4.3.3ML8 efix question

8. Network Holes List - Mac OS NOT On It!

9. Updates and Efixes

10. Websphere 4.0.1 eFix

11. using efix for landscape mode

12. Any fax programs available for Class-1 fax modem?

13. Send 20 FREE Pages of Fax to any Fax machines in the World!