Mozilla always prints two blank pages!

Post by Chris Carle » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:21:26

Hi:

I have Suse 8.1 with vanilla Mozilla 1.0.1 that I installed myself, not
the Suse package.

It always prints two blank pages before printing the real pages of
content, whether I use kprinter, lpr, and if I tell it to only print
page 1, it still prints two blank pages.

What's worse, when I print to a .ps file, the .ps file shows only one
page.  In kghostview, I see only one page, but when I print from that
application, I get two blank pages before the real content as well.

Other applications such as OpenOffice produce only one page of print
out, when that is what should happen.

Any ideas what is wrong with Mozilla?

Thanks.
--
_____________________
Christopher R. Carlen

Suse 8.1 Linux 2.4.19

Post by Ralf Bade » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 04:21:21

> Hi:

> I have Suse 8.1 with vanilla Mozilla 1.0.1 that I installed myself, not
> the Suse package.

> It always prints two blank pages before printing the real pages of
> content, whether I use kprinter, lpr, and if I tell it to only print
> page 1, it still prints two blank pages.

> What's worse, when I print to a .ps file, the .ps file shows only one
> page.  In kghostview, I see only one page, but when I print from that
> application, I get two blank pages before the real content as well.

> Other applications such as OpenOffice produce only one page of print
> out, when that is what should happen.

> Any ideas what is wrong with Mozilla?

No, but meanwhile Mozilla 1.2 has appeared and I dimly remember a
security issue with early 1.0 Mozillas, so I'd first suggest to upgrade.

Ralf

Post by Lenar » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 05:07:58

>> Hi:

>> I have Suse 8.1 with vanilla Mozilla 1.0.1 that I installed myself, not
>> the Suse package.

>> It always prints two blank pages before printing the real pages of
>> content, whether I use kprinter, lpr, and if I tell it to only print
>> page 1, it still prints two blank pages.

>> What's worse, when I print to a .ps file, the .ps file shows only one
>> page.  In kghostview, I see only one page, but when I print from that
>> application, I get two blank pages before the real content as well.

>> Other applications such as OpenOffice produce only one page of print
>> out, when that is what should happen.

>> Any ideas what is wrong with Mozilla?

> No, but meanwhile Mozilla 1.2 has appeared and I dimly remember a
> security issue with early 1.0 Mozillas, so I'd first suggest to upgrade.

> Ralf

And disappeared, there's a not so nice bug( Bugzilla bug 182500 ) so
Mozilla pulled it. You still can get the 1.2b but the released version is
not available. Mozilla will release version 1.2.1 shortly.

1. cups prints 2 blank pages b4 printing contents in mozilla 1.01

hi,
I ve used cups1.15 on rh80(ker2.4.18-18)/intelPIII450mhz and get 2 issues
like this:
1. cups prints alright w/ most of app(s) except for mozilla: cups always
prints 2 blank pages b4 printin' contents in the 3rd page (i turned of
banner)
2. after completing cups configuration, I printed a test page. result is
the dimension of test page not a4 (110x297, although it is set up as a4. this make a deformation when
I print something using mozilla.
about my printer: hp1100 attached at /dev/lp0
any ideas are very appreciated
Merry Christmas

--
Dieu Phan
Make your life as simple as "Moonlight Sonata" of L. Beethoven

2. : linux-2.5.42uc0 (MMU-less support)

3. Printer always prints an extra page (blank)

4. Where can I d/l mini linux?

5. HP Laserjet 6L always ends print job with a blank page!

6. Upgrade help

7. Mozilla *still* prints 2 blank pages

8. Executables on different kernels

9. print problem, blank page printing

10. Q: Blank page when printing with Samba from NT 4.0 to Linux print server

11. printer printing some blank pages during postscript printing ?

12. Printing problems, only print blank pages with one line of text

13. mozilla 1.2.1 displaying blank xml page