File transfer between 2 PCs via parallel port

File transfer between 2 PCs via parallel port

Post by Gianm » Wed, 05 Sep 2001 23:15:56

Hi all,

I need to transfer files between 2 PCs connected via parallel port using a
Laplink parallel cable (4 bits). In Windows a use File Marven 35a
application
(FMAV35a), a small DOS clone of Laplink program. Is there something
available in Linux?

Thanks a lot.
Gianmario.

File transfer between 2 PCs via parallel port

Post by E J » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 14:23:16

Yep, if you like to make a module or incorporated it into your kernel.
cd /usr/src/linux-2.2.16/drivers/net #check the source code
vi plip.c

/* $Id: plip.c,v 1.3.6.2 1997/04/16 15:07:56 phil Exp $ */
/* PLIP: A parallel port "network" driver for Linux. */
/* This driver is for parallel port with 5-bit cable (LapLink (R) cable). */