TCL/TK v8.0 rpms wanted

Post by Frank Sweetse » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> Has anyone put together rpms for TCL/TK version 8.0? I would like to use
> them with my RH 4.0 system. Pass the location to me please. This will save me
> a lot of work.

There's version 8 rpm's under ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/contrib

paramount.res.wpi.net RedHat Linux 2.0.31pre9 i486       | at public servers

Quote:> No manual is ever necessary.

May I politely interject here: BULLSHIT.  That's the biggest Apple lie of all!
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of interfaces.)

TCL/TK v8.0 rpms wanted

--

home page : http://kc2kj.k2nesoft.com:8080/Merchantville
Merchantville NJ - 5 miles from Philadelphia, Pa

1. RPM/Tcl-Tk Question: Right Upgrade Procedure?

I think I may be screwing up somehow as I attempt to upgrade the
Tk-Tcl packages in RH 4.2 to the latest versions (8.1-1, I think).

Using Glint, should I be doing an INSTALL, or an UPGRADE?  Or does it
matter?  I used INSTALL and ended up with what appears to be both the
new and the old packages installed. This manifests itself when I
attempt to start FileRunner, which fails to run and reports problems
executing the initialization script.

Anyone else run into this? Suggestions?

TIA,
TL
"There's a lot to learn
 from wasting time."   -Mr. Neil Young

2. newbie question (proftpd)

3. RPM of tk/tcl 8.

4. My Video Card

5. TCL/TK and RPM

6. PC-NFS wih more than 30 users connected.

7. how can I upgrade tk/tcl with rpm

8. Linux is up and running!

9. Trouble with RPM, tk and tcl.

10. how can i upgrade tk/tcl with rpm

11. Redhat RPM wont upgrade/install tcl/tk/tclx

12. tcl/tk botched upgrade even while using RPM

13. tcl/tk 8.2 rpms?