WTerm Question

WTerm Question

Post by Justin B Willough » Sun, 10 Oct 1999 04:00:00



If this is in some FAQ or other documentation I am sorry.

How do I get my Enter key from my number pad to correctly work with Wterm?
I have no problems with xterm only when using Wterm. Under Wterm I just
get a beep if I try and use my Enter key from the number pad.

Thanks,

- Justin
--
   _/     _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/    _/ _/   _/   = Justin Willoughby   =
  _/       _/    _/_/  _/  _/    _/   _/_/     = I use SlackWare!!   =
 _/       _/    _/  _/_/  _/    _/    _/_/     = http://justinw.net  =
_/_/_/ _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/   _/   _/    =--- Jesus Is Lord ---=

 
 
 

WTerm Question

Post by Chris Sorenso » Sun, 10 Oct 1999 04:00:00



> If this is in some FAQ or other documentation I am sorry.

> How do I get my Enter key from my number pad to correctly work with Wterm?
> I have no problems with xterm only when using Wterm. Under Wterm I just
> get a beep if I try and use my Enter key from the number pad.

Oh... I thought they had this fixed! Are you using wterm-6.2.3? Anyway, you
should be able to fix whatever version you're using by making the appropriate
hacks to xmodmap. Use xkeycaps to make the changes:

http://www.jwz.org/xkeycaps

You might want to consider switching to eterm... ;)

http://www.eterm.org

 
 
 

WTerm Question

Post by Justin B Willough » Sun, 10 Oct 1999 04:00:00




>> If this is in some FAQ or other documentation I am sorry.

>> How do I get my Enter key from my number pad to correctly work with Wterm?
>> I have no problems with xterm only when using Wterm. Under Wterm I just
>> get a beep if I try and use my Enter key from the number pad.

> Oh... I thought they had this fixed! Are you using wterm-6.2.3? Anyway, you
> should be able to fix whatever version you're using by making the appropriate
> hacks to xmodmap. Use xkeycaps to make the changes:

> http://www.jwz.org/xkeycaps

I am using ver 6.2.6

Thanks for the url I will take a look.

Quote:> You might want to consider switching to eterm... ;)

> http://www.eterm.org

I did try eterm for a while but wterm seems to work better with
WindowMaker it seems. At least the transparency part.

- Justin

--
   _/     _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/    _/ _/   _/   = Justin Willoughby   =
  _/       _/    _/_/  _/  _/    _/   _/_/     = I use SlackWare!!   =
 _/       _/    _/  _/_/  _/    _/    _/_/     = http://justinw.net  =
_/_/_/ _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/   _/   _/    =--- Jesus Is Lord ---=

 
 
 

WTerm Question

Post by Frederic L. W. Meunie » Sun, 10 Oct 1999 04:00:00


Use real terminal emulators (XTerm or rxvt), not clones. :)

--

IRC: _19751127!date | ICQ: 49149663 | Tel: +55-21-620-7173 (Brasil)

                    +-Open Source with quality-+

 
 
 

WTerm Question

Post by Justin B Willough » Mon, 11 Oct 1999 04:00:00



Quote:> Use real terminal emulators (XTerm or rxvt), not clones. :)

wterm is based almost entirely on rxvt, so it not really a clone.

- Justin
--
   _/     _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/    _/ _/   _/   = Justin Willoughby   =
  _/       _/    _/_/  _/  _/    _/   _/_/     = I use SlackWare!!   =
 _/       _/    _/  _/_/  _/    _/    _/_/     = http://justinw.net  =
_/_/_/ _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/   _/   _/    =--- Jesus Is Lord ---=

 
 
 

WTerm Question

Post by Frederic L. W. Meunie » Mon, 11 Oct 1999 04:00:00


Quote:>wterm is based almost entirely on rxvt, so it not really a clone.

Hmm, a copy? :P. Seriously, you can try the latest rxvt. It uses
wterm's (or wmterm's?) transparency support, and is actlively
developed.

--

IRC: _19751127!date | ICQ: 49149663 | Tel: +55-21-620-7173 (Brasil)

                    +-Open Source with quality-+

 
 
 

WTerm Question

Post by Justin B Willough » Mon, 11 Oct 1999 04:00:00



Quote:>>wterm is based almost entirely on rxvt, so it not really a clone.

> Hmm, a copy? :P. Seriously, you can try the latest rxvt. It uses
> wterm's (or wmterm's?) transparency support, and is actlively
> developed.

OK, I will take a look at the latest and greatest rxvt.

Thanks,

- Justin
--
   _/     _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/    _/ _/   _/   = Justin Willoughby   =
  _/       _/    _/_/  _/  _/    _/   _/_/     = I use SlackWare!!   =
 _/       _/    _/  _/_/  _/    _/    _/_/     = http://justinw.net  =
_/_/_/ _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/   _/   _/    =--- Jesus Is Lord ---=