kernel build woes

Post by rfjo.. » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

After * install of rh61, I need to build kernel to see atapi
cdrw. If I enable development/experimental prompt in make config, I
will see a choice for Realtek netcard, which I need. If I dont enable
this prompt, I dont see the realtek card in make config and dont have
networking, but the kernel will build and the cdrw works.

If I do enable prompt for developmment code in make config, I get
message that I am missing various header files; stdio.h, etc.  There
are various stdio.h on the system.

Is there a library for experimetal/development code that I need to
load?

I have been struggling with this problem for a week.

TIA
rfjones

kernel build woes

Post by Paul Kimo » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> I get
> message that I am missing various header files; stdio.h, etc.  There
> are various stdio.h on the system.

It's probably looking for /usr/include/stdio.h.  What do the error messages
say, _exactly_?

--

1. KERNEL build woes with make....

        Help! trying to create a new KERNEL to allow for firewall'ing,
I run "config" and it does it's thing and plops it in the
../../compile dir...

I run "make depend" - and it says "make: don't know how to make
depend. Stop"

What gives here?  Been awhile since I built a KERNEL but I've never
had this prob before!!

2. Mandrake 9.0 poll

3. >16MB Kernel build woes with ISA/PCI motherboard

4. finding # of file descriptor used in a process

5. Linux woes, kernel building and more -- help please

6. srss 3.0 beta lxrun on solaris x86

7. CD-RW mounting woes in Mandrake 7.0 woe oh woe oh woe!

8. single user operation across the network.

9. XF86 Config set-up woes & woes & woes

10. building kernel from redhat kernel source

11. Kernel build freeze RH 4.1, kernel 2.0.27, AMD k5100

12. HELP: kernel building / modular kernels

13. error building kernel module for cirrus graphic card - kernel 2.5.68