REDHAT INSTALLATION HELP

Post by Songkun Baillarge » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I've been trying to install RED HAT 3.0.3.  It install's fine until it get's to the time selection. It then hangs and says that it can't find the keytables!?

i really don't know what's wrong.  The first couple of times it worked find but the installation wasn't what i wanted.

I created brand new disks and installed the RedHat directory on my harddrive.
I habe a aha2940 and the boot disks won't support my sbpro 563 cdrom oh well.

Also the 3c509 kernel won't work on my card for some reason.

how about making a 1.3.100 (it works on my card) installation disks??

any help would be great,

thanks,
sk

p.s.  I have been a slackware user for the last couple of years and would like to use a new distribution for something new...

Song Kun Baillargeon                          |----|  ------   |  /
Stevens Institute of Technology               / || \   \       | /
Computer Engineering                          \ || /   /       | \
Phi Sigma Kappa                               |----|  ------   |  \

1. RedHat Installation, help!

Ok, here's the problem. I have been happily running slackware for a
while now, but due to some unfortunate problems with my hard drives,
lost all of em and so I am now in the process of reintalling all of
linux. I have two EIDE hard drives, both master (hda and hdc), I have
the latest MRBIOS which supports LBA etc etc. No scsi, ethernet, or
cdrom though. First question is, which image should I use? I tried
kern0000 and kern0001, but no luck. It always hangs and says that it
cannot mount vfs / on device something or the other. Also, during the
autoprobing, it detects an hdb and complains that it cant handle it
because it has 32 heads. The partition check sees hda1 (win95), hdc1
(linux ext2), hdc2 (linux swap), hdc3 (win95). The linux partitions
were made by a slackware installation (3.0). I want to give RedHat a
try, but its very hard to think of what to do now as the bootdisk wont
even boot! Suggestions are most welcome. I dont even really mind
reformatting hdc if I have to, but I desperately need to have a full
linux box up soon!

2. daemon gatedgated not found?

3. Help? Installation RedHat 5.0 Help

4. Using 33.6K modem

5. RedHat 5.2 : No redhat installation tree found !!!

6. How to resize a linux partition?

7. HELP me PLEASE!! - RedHat 5.2 installation problems

8. Ftp Server

9. Help! Redhat Floppyless installation (3.0.3)

10. Help with NFS or FTP installation of Redhat Linux v5.0

11. HELP!!! Installation REDHAT 7.0

12. Help! SCSI problem w/ Redhat 5.2 installation...

13. HELP - Redhat 4.0 Installation Problem