linux on SGI indigo2

Post by Marian Heddesheim » Sat, 24 Feb 2001 01:47:58

Hi,

my colleague has bought two Indigo2 SiliconGraphics machines and he
wants to use them as webservers with linux.

Unfortunately he an I have no idea how to manage the installation for
such a machine. We have already found the linux port for Mips
processors but we do not know how to boot linux from floppy drive.

OTOH it could be possible to run the apache server and necessary
modules (php and mySQL) on the Irix OS that is already installed, but
I am not sure if it is possible to compile apache on Irix 6.2.

Any help is appreciated

Marian

http://www.heddesheimer.de               online-training

1. Problems installing xrn on SGI indigo2

Hi,
        I have problems installing xrn on SGI indigo2.  There were a
few warning reported during compilation but everthing compiled fine.
Since I am not Super User, I didnt run make install.  I was able to
run xrn in the directory I had compiled it.  xrn started but it did
not have the scroll bar, and also all the menus had the characters
 "ng" before them.   For instance, "Quit" was "ngQuit" and so on for
all menus.  Has anybogy compiled xrn successfully on SGI!!  Can
somebody help me with this problem.  Thanks in advance.  Please email.

Sudhakaran Ram

2. Help needed - New user

3. FS: SGI Indigo2, 200Mhz, Extreme Graphics

4. Unix System Administrator Needed for Sacramento, CA Position

5. Which SGI is better for Poweranimator V8.0 -=- O2 or INDIGO2

6. 2.5.40-mm2 contest with 1/2 disk(s), swap and noswap

7. ES 2.01 on SGI Indigo2 hangs

8. Generating fixed data

9. KDE2 on SGI Indigo2

10. FTP problem: linux>>win/SGI slow win/SGI>>linux fast

11. FTP problem: Linux->Win/SGI slow Win/SGI->Linux fast

12. SGI CEO Resigns, joins Microsoft (was Re: SGI switching gears: NT -> Linux)