CD writer software

Post by Henry Vermeul » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi all
Next week i'm the owner of a cd-writer and i'm intend the build it in
my RH6.0 box. The only problem is the software.
Does anyone knows some nice software to (re)write my cd's?
I don't want software that must be running under Xwindows since i
don't have that installed and i'm not willing to do so.
I can't either since there not even a videocart in the machine.
I access it trought telnet only.

Henry Vermeulen

CD writer software

Post by Stefano Ghirlan » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>Hi all
>Next week i'm the owner of a cd-writer and i'm intend the build it in
>my RH6.0 box. The only problem is the software.
>Does anyone knows some nice software to (re)write my cd's?

look for cdrecrod on www.freshmeat.net or other linux sites.
Stefano

--
 Stefano Ghirlanda, Zoologiska Institutionen, Stockholms Universitet
    Office: D554, Arrheniusv. 14, S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden

   Support Free Science, look at: http://rerumnatura.zool.su.se

CD writer software

Post by Lew Pitch » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

fingercheck alert

That's "cdrecord"    :-)

>>Hi all
>>Next week i'm the owner of a cd-writer and i'm intend the build it in
>>my RH6.0 box. The only problem is the software.
>>Does anyone knows some nice software to (re)write my cd's?

>look for cdrecrod on www.freshmeat.net or other linux sites.
>Stefano

>--
> Stefano Ghirlanda, Zoologiska Institutionen, Stockholms Universitet
>    Office: D554, Arrheniusv. 14, S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden

>   Support Free Science, look at: http://rerumnatura.zool.su.se

Lew Pitcher
System Consultant
Toronto Dominion Financial Group

CD writer software

Post by Mirce » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> Hi all
> Next week i'm the owner of a cd-writer and i'm intend the build it in
> my RH6.0 box. The only problem is the software.
> Does anyone knows some nice software to (re)write my cd's?
>(..)

Two words: mkisofs and cdrecord. They're probably on your distribution
install disk already.

MST

1. CD Writer software / CD File system question

I'd like to transfer parts of my files from my ext2 partition to a CD. As I
cannot access my Linux partition from other OS I'm wondering if there
exists any CD-Writer-Software for Linux for free.
Or if not: Which other Software is capable of transferring files with
long filenames to a CD readable for Linux? (Ok, than I have to
mess around with ftp, but ....)

TIA,

    Roman

---
Bobrovsky Roman                      Phone: (++43-1) 588 01-4998

Vienna University of Technology      FidoNet: 2:310/67.67
Getreidemarkt 9
A-1060 Vienna AUSTRIA

2. gcc kernel compile warning - modules don't work

3. CD writer software question

4. FAQ: Creating sparc bootable CD. [OpenBSD31]

5. Does linux cd writer software suport the Ricoh 1420C >>>?

6. recall of previous command tokens in bash or kornshell

7. CD-writer software

8. Strange printing probs. lpr=yes netscape=no (termcap error?)

9. cd-writer software

10. CD-Writer Software ?

11. Desparetely seeking CD writer software

12. CD writer software?

13. Searching for YAMAHA CDR400c CD-Writer software