dragging links from netscape

Post by MGatt » Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:00:00

i am running (kernel 2.2.13) mandrake-linux. i love it. the only
anooying little nitpicks are not having compatible timeselas available
so i can play chess over the internet, ( a fault of the chess servers
not caring enough about linux users to recompile their
timestamps/timeseals to keep up with the latest linux releases) i have
to reboot to windows to play chess temporarily

anyway: how do you enable link dragging and dropping onto your desktop
from netscape? (by dragging the little bookmark icon next to the
location bar). when i do it it, and release the mouse button to a folder
or on my desktop it whizzes back to netscape and doesnt create the link.

thanks,
mgatto
"live or die trying"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Stephen Chadfiel » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> i am running (kernel 2.2.13) mandrake-linux. i love it. the only
> anooying little nitpicks are not having compatible timeselas available
> so i can play chess over the internet, ( a fault of the chess servers
> not caring enough about linux users to recompile their
> timestamps/timeseals to keep up with the latest linux releases) i have
> to reboot to windows to play chess temporarily

> anyway: how do you enable link dragging and dropping onto your desktop
> from netscape? (by dragging the little bookmark icon next to the
> location bar). when i do it it, and release the mouse button to a folder
> or on my desktop it whizzes back to netscape and doesnt create the link.

The only external program I have Netscape's D&D co-operate with is the
CDE file manager on Solaris.

--
Stephen Chadfield
http://www.chadfield.com/

1. updating symbolic link and netscape font problems

I am a newbie.

I installed SuSe 7.0.  It runs fine.  It has a bug in the lynx installation.
I think the symlink points to the wrong location.  When I first ran it it
informed that the *help.html file did not exist in /usr/something/somewhere.
So I created the folders and copied it from the installed location to the
location it was looking for.  I would like to know how to change the
symlink, I think in /bin or /sbin? to point to the correct location.

I'm also having trouble with fonts in Netscape 4.73.  Some websites have
very tiny writing.  Do I need to upgrade to 4.77 or 6.01 to fix this?  I
tried adjusting the fonts from Edit-Preferences-Fonts.  No combination I
tried worked.

Sorry to be a bother....

Thanks,

Dennis

2. Newbie -- Iomega Ditto Max Tape Drive

3. Linking with Netscape API

4. Q:freebsd on laptop

5. Konqueror 'Send Link by Mail' to use Netscape Messenger??

6. -2.4.21-pre7-ac1 general summary

7. Netscape link wont work

8. Severe SCSI error in 2.0.32 !!?

9. How to link to Hinet with Netscape Browse

10. Dynamically linked Netscape?

11. Dynamically linked Netscape Communicator 4 where?

12. Netscape crashes on mailto: links

13. Using Save Link As in Netscape