PPP with null modem link

Post by Michael Koestne » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

does anybody know how I can connect two (Linux)PC's with PPP over a seriall
line ? The problem I have is to bring up the pppd. Normaly it starts with
the chat program but here it can't, because there are no modem messages.
My intention is to emulate an internet access to an ISP.

PPP with null modem link

Post by Andrew Puruggan » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

[ does anybody know how I can connect two (Linux)PC's with PPP over a seriall
[ line ? The problem I have is to bring up the pppd. Normaly it starts with
[ the chat program but here it can't, because there are no modem messages.
[ My intention is to emulate an internet access to an ISP.

I believe the PPP-Howto in linuxdoc.org describes the procedure

--
jazz
Registered linux user no. 164098  +--+--+--+ Litestep user no. 386