Making SVGALIB use XF86 monitor settings?

Making SVGALIB use XF86 monitor settings?

Post by Jeff Epl » Sat, 02 Apr 1994 05:30:22

Is there any way (I assume by altering the source) that I can make
SVGALIB use the modes I have defined in my Xconfig file?

(The reason I want to do this is that the modes I have in Xconfig
allow up to 1152x900, as well as standard 800x600 and 1024x768 modes)
while SVGALIB doesn't get along with my monitor at all at resolutions
above 640x480)

Any help is much appreciated.  If possible, please mail or Cc:
replies, I hate to miss them.

Jeff
--

____ "Nuke the unborn gay whales" -- Never seen on a protest sign
\bi/ |umop apisdn| First year comp sci major.  CRPG *.

1. XF86 and setting up video/monitor

I've been trying to get XFree86 to work properly with my video card and
monitor for a day now and I've about given up.  Perhaps you may be able to
help.  I have an ATI Graphix Expression card (ATI88800GX) (mach64) and a
Princeton Graphics Ultra 15 monitor.  I've pulled information from thier
user's manuals and have plugged them into the configuration file and I get
nothing but wierd things happening.  If you have either a ATI Graphics
Expression or a Ultra 15 monitor, could you please send me your setting
for it?

Thanks
Brian

2. problem setting up a PCMCIA CD-ROM

3. Goldstar monitor settings for XF86?

4. HELP SuSE Setup

5. Modules 2.0.0 and kerneld

6. Monitor turned off itself when using SVGALib's applications

7. Problem printing

8. Vertical lines on my monitor! Using XF86

9. Two monitors under XF86 (NOT dual monitor)

10. Verite V1000 support in XF86/SVGALib

11. Help with setting up 2 monitors using X