plug-ins netscape

Post by D. Bernar » Wed, 23 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to install real-audio 5.0 as a plugin into Netscape.

This is probably a stupid question, but I can't follow the directions
given by Real Audio.

It says to select the General Preferences from the Options Menu. Where
is the Options menu?

I tried something similar, from the Preference option in the Edit menu,
but I could not select
plugin. I am using Netscape 4.04, should I upgrade to 4.05? I heard that
there could be some
kind of plugin bug in 4.04.

thanks  D. Bernard

plug-ins netscape

Post by Josh Konopk » Thu, 24 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> I am trying to install real-audio 5.0 as a plugin into Netscape.

> This is probably a stupid question, but I can't follow the directions
> given by Real Audio.

> It says to select the General Preferences from the Options Menu. Where
> is the Options menu?

> I tried something similar, from the Preference option in the Edit menu,
> but I could not select
> plugin. I am using Netscape 4.04, should I upgrade to 4.05? I heard that
> there could be some
> kind of plugin bug in 4.04.

> thanks  D. Bernard

Hey Bernard,

4.04 should be ok.  I don't know about using it as a plugin, but you can
use it as a helper-app.  Go to Edit, then preferences.  Go to Navigator
and choose Applications.

Click New.
MIMEType: audio/x-pn-realaudio
suffixes: .rm,.ra,.ram

Handled by:
Application: /usr/bin/rvplayer %s
(or whatever the path to your rvplayer executable is)

Hope this helps,

Josh Konopka

1. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4

Does anyone know if Netscape supports plug-ins on AIX?  I've a feeling
last time I asked the question they didn't and now they might.

RSVP if you are in the know,

alan
 Alan Donovan, FORE Audio & Video, 14 Regent Street, Cambridge CB2 1DB

2. Help with libs..

3. Netscape helpers and plug-ins, also java help

4. Is there a bpcd.o for kernel 2.2.5?

5. List of plug-ins for linux/netscape please!

6. bash: test if var is an integer

7. Netscape and Plug-ins

8. PPP problems

9. Netscape plug-ins

10. Acrobat Reader 4.0 MIME Type for Netscape plug-ins

11. netscape plug-ins

12. Netscape plug-ins, helper files, Acrobat etc.

13. Netscape plug-ins problem