Job Openings at Red Hat Software

Post by Marc Ewi » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

            Red Hat Software Technical Support Job Openings

Red Hat Software is seeking qualified applicants for three openings in
our fast growing technical support department.  If you are
self-motivated, resourceful, and you surprise even yourself with the
seemingly worthless Linux hardware and software arcana you can recite,
then we want to talk to you!

Job Description and Qualifications
----------------------------------

The job functions include supporting customers with installation and
other problems encountered using Red Hat Linux, Red Hat Motif, Red Hat
Applixware, and all our other products.  Support is generally handled
through email and fax, and some support contracts are handled over the
phone.  In addition, you will be responsible for building and
maintaining support documents and systems.

Qualifications:

- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, preferably Computer
  Science or a related field
- 2 years Linux system-level experience (Red Hat experience a plus)
- Extensive PC hardware experience
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a team

The three positions are in RTP, North Carolina, and are open now.

These are salaried positions, with the precise figure to be based on
your qualifications.  Signing bonus: Nerf Ballzooka, a six pack of
root beer, three packs of Oreos, and a t-shirt.  Oh, and a hat too.

Red Hat Software
----------------

The work environment at Red Hat is at the same time relaxed and
high-pressure.  As a small startup company we work like dogs to "lead
the pack" in the Linux market and maintain the highest standards of
product quality and customer satisfaction.

Red Hat Software produces high quality Linux products and services.
Our leading Red Hat Linux OS product is freely available from
ftp.redhat.com and many mirrors.  Our RPM packaging technology is also
freely available at the same sites.

Application
-----------

If you are interested in working at the most exciting Linux company on
the planet, please submit your resume and/or any other relevant
information, with as much detail as possible, ASAP.  Please send all
materials, in confidence, to:

Marc Ewing
Red Hat Software, Inc.
3201 Yorktown Ave, Suite 123
Durham, NC 27713

(919) 361-2711 (fax)

Email and fax are preferred.

Thanks,
Marc

1. JOB: Red Hat Software Technical Support Job Opening

            Red Hat Software Technical Support Job Opening

Red Hat Software is seeking qualified applicants for an opening in our
world famous technical support department.  If you are self-motivated,
[...]

Desired skills include:

- Working knowledge of LaTeX, HTML, Linuxdoc-sgml
- Serial communication and networking (PPP, SLIP, UUCP)

The position is in RTP, North Carolina, and is open now.

This is a salaried position, with the precise figure to be based on
[...]

PO Box 4325
Chapel Hill, NC 27515

(919) 361-2711 (fax)

Email and fax are preferred.

Thanks,
Marc

2. Apache 2, Perl, Mason and PHP

3. JOB: Red Hat Software Developer Job Opening

4. P4 vs Athlon for Linux latexing, is gcc-2.95 responsible?

5. Red Hat Software Technical Support Job Opening

6. Good programming tools for linux?

7. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

8. AMD 586 133

9. Development Jobs at Red Hat Software

10. Linux jobs at Red Hat Software

11. JOB OPENING: Systems Software Manager

12. VA - Job Openings for SYBASE Applications Engineers with Aerospace software company

13. Software Localization-JOB OPENING