How To Preserve Stamped Date When Downloading from a WEB page/

How To Preserve Stamped Date When Downloading from a WEB page/

Post by Younger » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Has anyone ever noticed that downloading a file from a web page always
changes the date of the downloaded file?

What I would like to do is to sync the date on all the files, that I
downloaded from any web page using netscape, with the original stamped
date.  Can anyone please tell me how to do it?

TIA.

--

PS> Remove the "4" from e-mail address to respond.

1. Preserving Date Stamp When Downloading

Some software packages are only distributed through webpages in which
one can only download using a web browser.  If you use the netscape to
download any software package or file, chances are the date stamped on
to the file gets changed to the day and time you download the file.  Is
there away to preserve the original date stamped on the file when
download through netscape?

--

PS> Remove the "4" from e-mail address to respond.

2. How to get minicom to start ppp?

3. Preserving date stamps in ftp

4. LN03 module for Ghostscript ?

5. Keeping With Stamped Date On Downloaded Files

6. Downloading selected URLs

7. how to preserve time stamp when doing ftp?

8. Problem with KDM login

9. Utility to convert PowerPoint "web pages" into real web pages?

10. How to download a web page in a script??

11. How to know if a web page/file is downloaded completely

12. Could lynx be used in a cronjob to download web pages?

13. Downloading a page from the web.