Rotdisk problems.

Post by Jimbo » Tue, 13 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi, I'm trying to get Slackware working. I've done it once before, but that was
around two years ago. I made the boot and root disks using dd on my
SPARCstation.

The boot disk booted okay, I hit return and it asked for the root disk, which I
put in. After a while it said "compressed image too large" and gave up. Some
people suggested I gunzip before writing it to the drive (BTW it was color.gz),
so I did this and the loader worked out that it was an uncompressed disk and
loaded it the old way, but it _still_ crashed. BTW machine has 8MB of RAM which
used to be enough, and everyone I've talked to so far says it is still okay.

Thanks for reading this,

Paul
~~~~

1. problems, problems, 37.5 GB, problems, 1024, problems...

I have an IBM 37.5 GB hard disk and I'm trying to duel boot Windows 98 SE
and Linux.  In the oversize disk HOWTO
(http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Large-Disk-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.1), it mentions
that a distribution running the 2.2.14 kernel will survive the insane 33.8
GB Linux booting limit.  Does this mean that I can successfully install
RedHat Linux 6.2 (the new RedHat with the Linux 2.2.14 kernel) on hard drive
with partitions like:
--------
|  Windoze  (GBs 1-19)
|            |
|            |
|            |
---------
|     RH 6.2 (20-37.5)
|            |
|            |
|            |
---------

Note:  I can't seem to duel boot the RH 6.1 and Windoze.  I've had many
problems each and every time I try it and I've had to delete all partitions
on my drive and install Windoze using its own CDROM disc and its simple
fdisk.

2. Static IP vs Dynamic in ppp.conf

3. Installation problems, problems, problems!

4. An Odd Link

5. PPP stands for Problem Problem Problem

6. 2.5: sleeping function called from illegal context

7. Problems... problems ... more problems

8. samba, ftp, and nfs

9. Problems, Problems, Problems

10. Problem problem problem

11. Linux died...problems, problems, problems....

12. Linux Problems Problems Problems ... DNS, HD, X Windows

13. Problems Problems Problems.... DNS, HD, X