Need beta testers: sasteroids with sound

Need beta testers: sasteroids with sound

Post by Brad Pitz » Tue, 13 Sep 1994 15:15:50

Hello,

I need a few testers for a beta version of the game sasteroids,
with digital sound. Yeah, I know this is embarassing considering
linux doom came out this week too :-)

If you've got voxware 2.9 or greater (included in linux kernels 1.1.32 and
up) and a sound card capable of 8-bit mono digital playback, try ftp'ing to
imagineer.disc-net.com (198.162.12.57). You'll probably have to use the IP
address. (name service is flakey to this site right now)

/pub/pitzel/sasteroids1.5-beta1-src.tar.gz      (sources)
/pub/pitzel/sasteroids1.5-beta1-bin.tar.gz      (precompiled binary)

You only need one of the above files.  Note that your high scores aren't
saved -- this is due to a change in the setuid() behaviour in recent
kernels. I'll release an official new sasteroids once these probs get worked
out. You need g++ 2.5.8 and svgalib 1.11 to compile it.

thanks,
--brad

1. Beta site: Beta testers needed!

We need beta testers to visit this site:

http://www.betabeta.com/

We have a list of over 160 active beta tests, a free newsletter (which you

"SUBSCRIBE BETANET" in the message, or by visiting the site), a beta
newsgroup listing, searching capabilities, and more!  We won the Platinum
Top 100 Sites of 1996 Award, too!

--
Tim Cassedy-Blum
Webmaster, BetaNet

http://www.betabeta.com/

2. mount CD-RW and Jaz

3. Beta Central - Beta Testers Resource

4. reading MIB2 information from Solaris kernel

5. Beta Testers Needed

6. Q: 4 x 1GB vs 1 x 4GB SCSI what is better

7. Beta testers needed for security tool

8. Accessing different LUNs of a RAID-array

9. Solaris C++/G++ Users Needed For Beta-Testers

10. ATTN: Beta testers needed for WEBMAPPER FOR UNIX

11. Beta Testers Needed

12. Beta Testers needed

13. Symantec Needs Beta Testers