Painless Joining of Partitions?

Post by Hal Morr » Wed, 26 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I split my laptop disk a couple of years ago into 2 partitions, the
first one (lowest numbered cylinders) being for DOS, and the highest
being LINUX.  Now I want to give it all to DOS/Windows so I can use
Caere OCR software.

I seem to remember long ago a discussion of some utility that was like
fdisk, but sophisticated enough to do this sort of thing (with most
people it's probably to truncate DOS partition, not extend it).

Anyone know of such a thing?

Regards,  Hal

(I will also play around with the LINUX f.s.  within DOS f.s.  thing
(mini-linux or UMSDOS or whatever) - he says, in self-justification)

Post by Keith M. Corbe » Fri, 28 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>I seem to remember long ago a discussion of some utility that was like
>fdisk, but sophisticated enough to do this sort of thing (with most
>people it's probably to truncate DOS partition, not extend it).

Take a look at FIPS.  I haven't used it.  Matt Welsh refers to in
passing in his book.  It's available on the InfoMagic distribution and
in the Linux ftp archives.

 -kmc
--

Special Form Software        +1 617 596 7021