SOS - how to start Desktop Swith utility on TWM environment?

SOS - how to start Desktop Swith utility on TWM environment?

Post by L » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:46:32

Hi,

I switch to TWM environment from KDE by using KDE's Desktop Switch utility.
Now I want to go back to KDE but couldn't find TWM's Desktop Switch utility.
Could you please tell me how to open/start TWM's Desktop Switch utility?

Thanks.

L.

Post by MM » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:34:03

> Hi,

> I switch to TWM environment from KDE by using KDE's Desktop Switch utility.
> Now I want to go back to KDE but couldn't find TWM's Desktop Switch utility.
> Could you please tell me how to open/start TWM's Desktop Switch utility?

Don't think twm has one as such, but you can do the following from the
command line:-

switchdesk kde

.. and all that does is change the .Xclients files(s) in your home directory.

HTH

MM

SOS - how to start Desktop Swith utility on TWM environment?

Post by John To » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 01:05:05

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:46:32 -0500, L

>Hi,

>I switch to TWM environment from KDE by using KDE's Desktop Switch utility.
>Now I want to go back to KDE but couldn't find TWM's Desktop Switch utility.
>Could you please tell me how to open/start TWM's Desktop Switch utility?

>Thanks.

>L.

        Pop up a terminal and type   switchdesk <enter>

--
_______________________________________

"That's the horse of a different colour
you've heard about before"-Oz cabdriver

1. SOS SOS SOS HELP HELP HELP SOS SOS SOS

Hie there,

                I am a newbie to Linux and is having difficulty to configure
my Linux to enable networking.

My system is a 166MMX PC installed with Slackware 3.4

                I tried to perform the following to eable networking :

1.    did "make config" in the /usr/src/linux directoryafter I have su to
the superuser root.

2.    After completing the configuration, proceeded to set the dependencies
within the kernel and clean out old object modules by typing "make dep" then
"make clean" after the first one has been completed

3.       Next I then compiled the kernel by typing "make zImage"

What bothered me is what I saw in the last few lines of the output at the
end of the compilation which goes as follows

"Root device is (3,2)
Boot sector 512 bytes
Setup is 4336 bytes
System is 560 KB
System is too big
Make [1]:***[zImage] Error 1
Make [1]:Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-2.0.30/arch/i386/boot'
Make :***[zImage] Error 2 "

4.         Install the 'newly compiled kernel' by typing "make
modules_install" . The output then output was that THE FILE REQUIRED IS
MISSING. ( something about *.o)

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON. I BADLY WANT TO USE LINUX AND
REMOVE WINDOW95 FROM MY SYSTEM.

2. upgrading kernel to 2.2.10

3. Change UNIX Password using other way

4. Changing Desktop Environments (Window Managers) & Performance of Desktop Environments

5. Apache Questions

6. SOS SOS SOS

7. Alpha & Linux

8. Manually starting Common Desktop Environment.

9. Exceed hangs at "starting common desktop environment"

10. WinLinux + Starting K desktop environment

11. Problem "Starting K Desktop Environment" in WinLinux 2000