Email setup, multiple accounts multiple people

Post by John Hasle » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 05:30:22

> What i'd like is for it to poll my many e-mail accounts, and then sort

> user nevyn..that sort of thing,...

Fetchmail can do this.  man fetchmail.  If you like GUI's use fetchmailconf
to configure it.
--
John Hasler

Dancing Horse Hill
Elmwood, Wisconsin

Email setup, multiple accounts multiple people

Post by ne.. » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:04:33

I'm looking for some information about setting up email,
I have a 'router' box, suse 6.something, pentium 166MHz
16MB ram, it alread works as HTML server, my modem link
to the net and a leafnode server. What i'd like is for
it to poll my many e-mail accounts, and then sort the

goes to user nevyn..that sort of thing, so any good howto's
or web resources, books are possible, but expensive for poor
students....d:o

Thankx anthony

as an aside, anyone know how u get notepad to wordwrap at
at the correct no of characters for slrn to like??
I hate keep presing enter when im on uni pc's

Email setup, multiple accounts multiple people

Post by Ryan Twome » Sat, 15 Dec 2001 04:44:06

The way I do this, is to use fetchmail running as different users.  I setup
a fetchmail user to connect to one pop account and download mail as user1;
then I run another fetchmail as user2 to grab his mail, etc.  I only have
two accounts to do this with so it works for me.  For people with lots of
accounts, I would definitely find a different solution.

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/fetchmail/
-Ryan