Searching vi-clone with syntax-highlighting for SCO 3.2v4.2

Searching vi-clone with syntax-highlighting for SCO 3.2v4.2

Post by Siegfried Kur » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 22:43:58

Hi Folks,
I'm looking for a vi-Clone with syntax highlighting for SCO 3.2v4.2.
It should have the following features:

- for SCO 3.2v4.2 (text mode, not X)
- Syntax highlighting should be fully configurable
- possibly freeware
- binary distribution (I habe only a compiler for SCO Ver. 3.2v5.0.X,
not for SCO 3.2v4.2)

I've tried already the following:
Downlaoded vim-5.6-src.tar.gz and vim-5.6-rt.tar.gz
from Skunkware.
Compiled on my SCO Ver. 3.2v5.0.2 with gcc.
Runs on that machine, but I can't run that binary on SCO 3.2v4.2,
it gives the following error when I try to save a file:

Vim: Caught deadly signal SYS
Vim: preserving files...
Vim: Finished.
Bad system call(coredump)

Anybody has some recommendations for me what I could do?
Maybe someone could mail me a binary for vim (not gvim) for SCO
3.2v4.2?

Thanks in advance.

--
Greetings
Siegfried Kurz

1. vi and color syntax highlighting

Does anyone know of a vi clone that supports color syntax highlighting?

There is a fairly decent vi clone called "Lemmy" that does a great job
with this -- but as far as I know it's only a Win32 app.

If there isn't such a clone -- anyone care to try to make one?

--
Jeremy Thompson

http://members.home.net/jst

2. Silicon Motion 712 (Lynx EM+) and AMD Alchemy

3. vi syntax highlight

4. at: can't create a job for you

5. Getting rid of syntax highlighting in emacs and vi

6. Proxy & Internet Services

7. grep question...how do i search and highlight the search in a file??

8. Compaq Deskpro 2000D

9. Searching for a notebook with P II 300MHz which can run SCO UNIX 3.2v4.x

10. How can I upgrade my Sco Unix 3.2v4.1 to 3.2v4.2 ?

11. Text mode Syntax highlighting editor for C/C++

12. Emacs Syntax Highlighting

13. Text editor with syntax highlighting