1. After / moved from XFS to JFS : "error 22 mounting xfs flags"...
On Mandrake 9.1
I mirrored hda to hdb using "rsync -archive -H". hdb is a mirror of
hda with exactly the same ext3 boot partiton, swap partition and root
partition numbers. Only change is the root filesystem type.
I flipped the IDE master/slave so hda and hdb were swapped, then,
using the rescue disk, I mounted the ext3 boot partition and the new
JFS root partition, chroot and re-ran Lilo with fstab modified to
reflect root now being JFS.
However, when I try to boot I get...
mount: error 22 mounting XFS flags Kernel panic: No init found. Try
passing init= option to kernel.
How do I convince this kernel that it should be looking for a JFS root
partition not an XFS partition???
I've modified fstab, re-ran Lilo chrooted, re-ran mkinitrd chrooted
with /proc/mounts audited and placed in the proc directory (proc is
otherwise empty when you chroot!, unless I mount --bind it first).
A search on Google found just one other soul who has reported this
message. He deleted an XFS partition and made a new ReiserFS partition
but no one had responded to his hideous plight :-(
Anyone know how to do a successful filesystem transplant without
losing the root filesystem?
2. Toronto: Senior UNIX & NT Network Designer/Admin. (to 85K+options): UNIX, NT, Network Design, Samba, SNMP, Perl, Firewalls
3. XFS - Serving Multiple OS fonts on linux xfs
4. TekXpress Monitor and X
5. xfs + KDE slow startup: bug in RH8 /etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs ?
6. USB suspend when no devices attached
7. oops in 2.4.14-xfs (xfs release 1.0.2)
8. DNS / Win95 problems
9. xfs problems ; xfs fails to start properly.??
10. 2.4.18-xfs (xfs related?) oops report
11. su xfs -c xfs -s/usr/bin fails to start the X Font Server after a crash; but xfs works fine from root
12. More ACLs
13. Access Control Lists (ACLs) and other questions